Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet Valentines
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 3 of 4 ): 1 · 2 · 3 · 4
Valentines

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 12:57 PM

spacer

I find a hefty spraying takes care of that problem.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 05:30 PM

spacer

Im not sure an itchy rash is the best thing to give your valentines on feb 15th....some how i cant see it leaving the "right" impression....unless you WANT them to hate you forever.

pps-dotn forget that picking sum/most wild flowers is frowned on and you can end up facing a bigger fine than goign to a florist. Tho if you have some healthy breads in your garden....

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 06:53 PM

spacer

Don't worry, I am very sensitive to my local environment, and I therefore pick most flowers from my NEIGHBOURs garden.

Bearing in mind what sort of grumpy person I am, I think that it is entirely appropriate for me to give a loved one a bouquet of poison ivy, stinging nettles, bindweed, wild foxgloves and thistles.

After all, if she is put off by a few stings and a spot of poison, she is hardly likely to be able to cope with a lifetime of being married to me.

And don't get me started on May Day traditions such as the Oxford University bridge jump and the symbolism of May Poles.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 07:52 PM

spacer

or mothers day for that matter! scince when was it abotu spending huge amounts of money on chocolates, and flowers, and pampering trips at local spas?....there the ones who HAD us, we didnt ask to be born you know! lol!

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 09:53 PM

spacer

A highly sensible and enlightened attitude towards Mother's Day. If we don't make a stand now, where will it end? Will we be expected to shell out on cards wishing people a happy holocaust day? Far better to be honest with the world and take pride in the fact that you are a miser than to boost the profits of Hallmark and Thorntons!

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 10:07 PM

spacer

Accounting Troll: A highly sensible and enlightened attitude towards Mother's Day. If we don't make a stand now, where will it end? Will we be expected to shell out on cards wishing people a happy holocaust day? Far better to be honest with the world and take pride in the fact that you are a miser than to boost the profits of Hallmark and Thorntons!

So I won't be getting a 'Happy Third Tuesday of the Month' card then?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 10:30 PM

spacer

"So, Jill, what are you doing to celebrate Ethnic Cleansing Day?"

"Well, Barry, I'll be luring some Jews into my oven, and then afterwards, if I can scrape together any anthrax, infecting some Kurds."

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 7, 2006 at 05:58 PM

spacer

im not being mean or tight, but surely going to visit your mam for a cuppa and a chat is better than sending £50 worth of guilt gifts and a card saying sorry i cant make it im....busy(?)

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 7, 2006 at 07:32 PM

spacer

That depends on how much it costs you to visit your mother. Train fares and petrol costs are ridiculous these days.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 8, 2006 at 06:37 PM

spacer

.....i know but still im lucky i live near mine...too near t be fare *not to self MOVE NOW!*

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 8, 2006 at 06:43 PM

spacer

Fifty quid? On my mother? I think an old copy of the Motorcycle News is about right.

I think you're right though Ivory, not only that you can borrow a few quid whilst you drink her tea. If she remembers who you are.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 8, 2006 at 06:47 PM

spacer

At least you lot can get in the door. Mine stands on the doorstep screaming "I have no son!" while pulling at her hair.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 8, 2006 at 06:48 PM

spacer

you live at number 14 NOT 15...how many times do we have to tell you that!!! lol

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 8, 2006 at 07:06 PM

spacer

Oh. That'd be why, then.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 8, 2006 at 07:29 PM

spacer

Don't be surprised if the family at number 14 don't recognise you either. I know several people who went home from university only to find out that their family had moved house without mentioning it to them

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 3 of 4 ): 1 · 2 · 3 · 4

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

21 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles