Forums
Shop
Contact
Stargate SG-1
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet Valentines
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 2 of 4 ): 1 · 2 · 3 · 4
Valentines

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 19, 2006 at 07:46 PM

spacer

Wait til it starts growing back, see if you can refrain from scratching in public (that was P U BL I C !)!!

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 19, 2006 at 07:54 PM

spacer

I can't refrain from doing that usually...

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 19, 2006 at 07:57 PM

spacer

FullAuto: I can't refrain from doing that usually...

NICE!!!

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 19, 2006 at 08:09 PM

spacer

Hey, an itch is there to be scratched. If others don't like to see me polishing my family jewels, they don't have to look.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 19, 2006 at 08:23 PM

spacer

You keep polishing them FA - 'Most online 42' everyone is here to see FullAutos' highly polished nads.

What the hell happened here, did I miss something?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 20, 2006 at 05:18 AM

spacer

Perhaps we got a mention somewhere? Some plug dropped by some kindly folk?

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 20, 2006 at 12:46 PM

spacer

naaaa FA, word just got round about your revelations im glad you feel you can share with us

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 20, 2006 at 07:43 PM

spacer

I'm not so sure: a bloke sratching himself where it itches as opposed to where it is more polite is hardly a revelation

As for Valentines Day, I hate it. Why should I spend literally pounds on a bit of cheap card? As for the association of red roses with Valentines Day, whose bright idea was that? Where do they expect me to get roses from at this time of year? The few people who sell (imported) roses know they can get away with a spot of price gouging. And don't get me started on Valentines day themed chocolate.

My advice is to dump your partner on February 13th, and find a new one on the 15th. If everybody does this, we can end the scourge of Valentines Day!

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 27, 2006 at 12:18 AM

spacer

Depends what he's scratching.

I like Valentines just fine, although it's in danger of becoming Hallmarkly trivialised, anyone who has any true emotion for the person they are currently swapping bodily fluids with should use it as a convenient tool to express whatever they feel, especially if usually they are a little bit...impassive.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 2, 2006 at 04:43 PM

spacer

you dont need roses or a expensive card..cos any jock can do that!

(ps-its not the florists that hoik up prices, its the suppliers...those peopel growing the roses in hollard that have got everyone by the short and curlies!)

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 3, 2006 at 06:31 PM

spacer

I've got an idea that valentines day roses are importd from the tropics and the southern hemisphere. The need to provide artificial sunlight and warmth makes them expensive to grow in Holland over the winter.

I would suggest going over to what species are growing wild where you live in mid-February. Try kidding your partner into thinking there is an old romantic tradition associated with poison ivy or a Leylandii cutting.

Remember that picking wild plants and doing a bit of flower arranging is infinitely cheaper than dealing with Interflora.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 09:48 AM

spacer

Accounting Troll:
I would suggest going over to what species are growing wild where you live in mid-February. Try kidding your partner into thinking there is an old romantic tradition associated with poison ivy or a Leylandii cutting.

No kidding - up until Victorian times young men would go out into the woods at the crack of dawn and find anything flowering to gather and if there were no early flowers such as Cowslips they would bring back boughs of Holly or similar greenery. These 'trinkets' would be laid on the door steps of certain maidens to show that someone was 'interested'.

I like this. It's romantic in a strange way as the girl would not have known who had left it. I guess some girls would have more greenery than others though.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 10:45 AM

spacer

silvertongedevil:

Accounting Troll:

No kidding - up until Victorian times young men would go out into the woods at the crack of dawn and find anything flowering to gather and if there were no early flowers such as Cowslips they would bring back boughs of Holly or similar greenery. These 'trinkets' would be laid on the door steps of certain maidens to show that someone was 'interested'.

I like this. It's romantic in a strange way as the girl would not have known who had left it. I guess some girls would have more greenery than others though.

This was also a ritual observed for May Day although things apparently got a little more heated in the woods (there were a lot of June betrothals and January births) during the middle ages.
I think this is far more romantic than the processed form of present giving (nip to Tesco and get a bunch of roses and box of chocs). Although I don't think I'd have to battle my way through a forest of green bows (just like I don't battle my way over the pile of post on Feb 14th) perhaps if an admirer didn't have to pay, I might get a stick or a withered leaf or something.
Yes STD, I think the old ways are the best - keep Britain romantic!! (whilst stopping Tesco taking over the world!!)

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 12:51 PM

spacer

I guess some girls would have more greenery than others though.

I try not to discuss a lady's foliage unless she brings it into the conversation first. Ladygardens are best admired and not commented on, I find. Although, if she's trimmed the shrubbery lately, one should be appreciative.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 6, 2006 at 12:54 PM

spacer

....and always beware of greenfly!!!

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 2 of 4 ): 1 · 2 · 3 · 4

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 2 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

16 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles