Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Mystery Men
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet Mental And Scary, Go Big Bro Go!
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Mental And Scary, Go Big Bro Go!

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 22, 2005 at 11:06 AM

spacer

http://news.ind...ticle334686.ece

Britain is to become the first country in the world where the movements of all vehicles on the roads are recorded. A new national surveillance system will hold the records for at least two years.

Using a network of cameras that can automatically read every passing number plate, the plan is to build a huge database of vehicle movements so that the police and security services can analyse any journey a driver has made over several years.

The network will incorporate thousands of existing CCTV cameras which are being converted to read number plates automatically night and day to provide 24/7 coverage of all motorways and main roads, as well as towns, cities, ports and petrol-station forecourts.

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 22, 2005 at 11:43 AM

spacer

Meh, doesn't bother me too much. Better than tagging the population, plus if you really want to avoid detection, just use minor roads - we've certainly got enough of them

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 22, 2005 at 04:27 PM

spacer

I thought we were to be tagged, ID cards. It's getting a bit difficult for me to move around now. I don't go anywhere near cameras (they steal your soul you know) so I guess I'll have to stay in and become a moaning old Bastard instead of just a Bastard.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 22, 2005 at 04:33 PM

spacer

I think the ID card idea has been shot right down. Hopefully, anyway.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 22, 2005 at 04:41 PM

spacer

You never know, they can't get enough of a bad thing.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 11, 2006 at 06:50 PM

spacer

wether your talkign abtou teh nanny state or the program- either do my head in in equal quantities!

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

25 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles