Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Stargate SG-1
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet Where's The Logic?
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Where's The Logic?

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 06:38 PM

spacer

So the British Government announces that we are not to have seat belts on trains, and why? Because they could cause problems getting out after a crash. Two things spring to mind. 1 When this argument was used to try to stop the use of seatbelts in cars the Government told us this was wrong and it was easy to get free after a crash. 2. I suppose being flung out of the window of a colliding train is a great deal safer than being stuck in one. Mmmm.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 06:40 PM

spacer

I won't even wear a seatbelt in a car anyway. Those things cost more lives than they save.

Though it's the same deal on buses, too. No seatbelts, and bus drivers are all fucking speed freaks.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 06:40 PM

spacer

It is a little bit of a silly excuse, you're right. And trains travel what, oh, up to twice as fast?

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 06:43 PM

spacer

Unless there are leaves on the line of course.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 06:52 PM

spacer

Good point. I guess I wasn't really thinking trains in the UK there with that statement

•  

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 11:23 PM

spacer

FullAuto: I won't even wear a seatbelt in a car anyway. Those things cost more lives than they save.

Are you serious about this?

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 11:27 PM

spacer

Didn't see that one

Did you not see the rather un-amusing yet hard-hitting advert with the person in the back who doesn't have a seatbelt on?

I don't start the engine til passengers are strapped in. You can't win as a driver - if they crush you to death, it's a fairly bad day. If they're in the front passenger seat and get launched out of it, it's technically and legally their fault, but you're still going to get some blame.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 11:36 PM

spacer

About not wearing one, yes. Not about them costing more lives than they save.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 11:44 PM

spacer

Meh, better than being launched through the windscreen I reckon

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 11:46 PM

spacer

Possibly. I wouldn't know, having never been launched through a windscreen.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 22, 2005 at 10:48 AM

spacer

I suppose it depends on how much of an adrenalin jumky you are.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

89 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles