Forums
Shop
Contact
Stargate SG-1
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet DVDs bullet The Deep
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
The Deep

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 23, 2006 at 02:09 AM

spacer

I remember seeing this when I was wee, and being amazed. Jacqueline Bisset in a wet T-shirt not five minutes in (total 'treasure' chest, ahem), Nick Nolte in a ridiculous 70s 'tasche and Robert Shaw as the Crusty Seaman.

An underwater adventure featuring a WWII ship full of drugs and explosives, a sunken galleon full of Spanish gold, sharks, Haitian drug dealers and a big fuckoff moray eel that crushes someone's head in its jaws. Perfect entertainment, really. Got it for sod-all on DVD, and I enjoyed it even more than I did when I was too young to appreciate the racist subtext.

Fried gold, chaps and chapesses.

On a sidenote, I remember seeing this on a weekend afternoon on the Beeb, but the BBFC rating on the DVD is a 15. Has there been a rating update done of older films? Because if this was a 15, surely they wouldn't have shown it on an afternoon? And I could swear Gremlins used to be a PG...

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 23, 2006 at 04:42 PM

spacer

I think Gremlins when I got it on video was a 15 actually and that was about ten years ago.

The beeb do cut some stuff down a bit, but I have heard the odd swear wor slipping into programmes at the early time of 7.30'ish no less!

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 23, 2006 at 06:49 PM

spacer

Oooh, the decay of moral fibre!

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 25, 2006 at 11:31 PM

spacer

In Wales, at least, Channel 4 routinely shows adverts for adult games for mobile phones before 7pm, never mind the 9pm watershed. The watershed and ratings systems are total rubbish.

I remember the days when Tetris was bland and inoffensive, and nobody tried to pimp strip tetris (whatever that is) with a photograph of some woman I've never heard of, but am apparently expected to be lusting after (if the pictures in the advert are anything to go by, she isn't attractive enough to be worth the 30p per day subscription charge). And all this on a screen that is usually so small that you probably need a magnifying glass to see anything naughty.

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

19 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles