Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Star Trek Nemesis
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Outpost Modules bullet Responses to Articles bullet Films bullet Not Much Fun With Dick And Jane
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Not Much Fun With Dick And Jane

Article Bot ( 64 ) · Group: Site Bots · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 9, 2006 at 07:19 PM

spacer

Silvertongedevil braves dark rooms, crap popcorn, warm ice-cream and blags a ticket to the cinema to see Columbia Pictures' "Fun with Dick and Jane".

Discuss the full article - Not Much Fun with Dick and Jane by silvertongedevil below...

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 9, 2006 at 07:45 PM

spacer

You still get ice-cream breaks at your local cinema? Well I guess that's something then

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 9, 2006 at 08:26 PM

spacer

We do actualy, with the girl witht the tray. It's all very Parochial around here. The land that time forgot - buy some things are good.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 9, 2006 at 09:34 PM

spacer

Cannot agree more, I do like Jim Carrey as an actor but do feel that you get no surprises in any film he stars in (he takes typecasting to the limit). Poor film with few highlights, I did think the scene where Dick & Jane are getting it together intheir room only to climb inot bed saying 'can't wait till saturday - sex is goin to be good' or words to that effect, why do I remember them from somewhere?

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

Azrael Strife ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 9, 2006 at 10:37 PM

spacer

I completely disagree.

Even though this is not my fav Jim Carrey movie, it was certainly good and worth seeing. Also, Ace Ventura Pet Detective rocked!

Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 10, 2006 at 09:21 AM

spacer

I think he was quite good in The Truman Show, he actually had to act a little in that. I think he can act when he has to it's just that every producer in the world wants him to bring his type of humour to their struggling scripts.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 10, 2006 at 11:55 AM

spacer

He was excellent in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but that's not a comedy. Weird.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 10, 2006 at 12:07 PM

spacer

That film just confused the hell out of me, but I agree he acted well in it. Ditto with the Truman Show.

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

Azrael Strife ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 10, 2006 at 06:38 PM

spacer

FullAuto: He was excellent in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but that's not a comedy. Weird.

Have you seen The Majestic? I feel he was pretty good in that one, and it was no comedy either

Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 10, 2006 at 08:14 PM

spacer

Ah, I've seen that around, I'll have to check it out. Cheers Azrael.

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

108 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles