Forums
Shop
Contact
Stargate SG-1
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Games bullet Ufo Aftershock
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Ufo Aftershock

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 1, 2006 at 07:41 PM

spacer

Another review over here
http://www.wort...e.php?sid=30798

I didnt really like the original, has anyone played the sequel - is it significantly different or improved? The screens i've seen don't inspire me

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 1, 2006 at 07:47 PM

spacer

It's far better. Unfortunately Cenega rushed ALTAR to the release date and it was buggy as hell, but the patches since have sorted that out.

The tactical side of things is vastly improved since you can enter buildings and so forth, and the multiple factions add a nice bit of diplomacy into the mix. You can build bases (not so much in the X-COM sense - you're a little tight for space and have to conquer territories quickly ).

The storyline is also very unique. I'll say no more except, perhaps, check out the demo if I've piqued your curiosity any.

Oh, and the "tracks" element of the game will make no sense unless you read the manual. A point where a lot of us got stuck as we don't bother with manuals

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 2, 2006 at 02:16 AM

spacer

Way better! It's not perfect yet, but a very good game.

For more inspiring screenshots, check out this thread:
http://www.stra...ost&p=58479

Greetings from Olav (Staff at StrategyCore.co.uk)

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 2, 2006 at 09:53 AM

spacer

I'll just point out that I couldn't get quite that high a level of detail on my crappy graphics card - none of the advanced shading for me - so things tend to look a little more cartoony, though still very nice.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 2, 2006 at 05:13 PM

spacer

Pete: I'll just point out that I couldn't get quite that high a level of detail on my crappy graphics card - none of the advanced shading for me - so things tend to look a little more cartoony, though still very nice.

I thought you bought a fancy new PC a year or so ago? My screenshots are from a ATI Radeon Mobile 9700 with 128MB of RAM.

•  

Azrael Strife ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 21, 2006 at 05:34 AM

spacer

I feel very disappointed with this game, not nearly as fun as I expected; doesn't even get near to X-Com: Apocalypse in terms of fun (IMHO)

Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 21, 2006 at 09:12 AM

spacer

I did Slaughter. Looks liek the cheap part inside it is the GeForce FX 5200... the lowest end card GeForce did at the time.

Must get around to upgrading soemtime

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 21, 2006 at 02:05 PM

spacer

Azrael Strife: I feel very disappointed with this game, not nearly as fun as I expected; doesn't even get near to X-Com: Apocalypse in terms of fun (IMHO)

Well, it didn't kick X-COM off the throne for me either. That being said, it's a very good game. Did you play far?

•  

Azrael Strife ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 21, 2006 at 02:09 PM

spacer

Nope, sadly the game hasn't so far appealed to me much. At the beginning I was all excited and stuff, but the more I play it, the less appealed I feel to play again.

Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity.

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

48 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles