The Last Outpost Forums ( http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/ )Furniture Of Adventure

Source: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=109

Article Bot | December 18, 2005 at 12:06 PM

FullAuto hooks C. S. Lewis up to a dynamo and records the electricity production while The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe plays.

Discuss the full article - Furniture of Adventure by FullAuto below...

Ivory | December 18, 2005 at 01:38 PM

another crackign article FA! youjust keep them rolling. wasnt sure if the film was worth goign to see as i didnt want to encounter a complete flop...but youve given me the confidence that i will at least enjoy then film, even if it wont leave me spell bound. i shall have to let you know if i agree wiht your oppinion after ive seen it!

FullAuto | December 18, 2005 at 01:46 PM

Thank you. Hope you enjoy it more than I did.

cyke | December 18, 2005 at 03:57 PM

The film was ok, but too many slow moments and the pacing was off several times. The whole death of Aslan just comes across like a waste of time because;
A) you dont know him well enough to care
B) he comes back 10 mins later
so there's no emotional impact.

May just be rose-tinted glasses, but i remember the UK tv series more fondly than this.

FullAuto | December 18, 2005 at 04:25 PM

*waves 'SPOILERS' flag*

cyke | December 18, 2005 at 07:22 PM

d'oh!

FullAuto | December 18, 2005 at 08:20 PM

But yes, perfect point. Not to mention the film presented said sacrifice as a sort of con, as nothing was actually lost, so nothing was actually sacrificied, which sort of pisses on the whole Jesus allegory.

Pete | December 19, 2005 at 07:42 AM

I vaguely remember the whole Aslan dying lasting a LOT longer in the series. Oh, I know they had the advantage of making you wait a week, but I'm sure it lasted longer in the book too.

Perhaps ten minutes is the most Disney feel that they can stand to make children cry for?

FullAuto | December 19, 2005 at 10:22 AM

I was totally flabbergasted by one stupid fool of a parent. Kid turns round and asks "Is Aslan dead, mam?" and she goes "No, he'll be back in a minute."

I just sat there thinking 'What's the point?' while restraining myself from standing up and saying "Madam, you are a damn fool. If you were a man, I would challenge you to fisticuffs"

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have children. Spoiling fucking films for children who don't know any better.

Pete | December 19, 2005 at 06:11 PM

And when the kid's older it'll be "Son, your grandma's dead" followed by a "No mum, she'll be back in a minute".

The dangers of stupid off-the-cuff comments around little kids are many and varied.

FullAuto | December 19, 2005 at 06:23 PM

I can just see the wee boy at the graveside now. "And this is when she comes back, right?

"For the last time, NO! She's fucking DEAD! When the vicar says 'resurrection' he doesn't mean NOW."

Pete | December 19, 2005 at 06:26 PM

Well this is where he's going to get all religious and say "Well it only took Jesus three days... what gives?!"

Scarred for life see?

FullAuto | December 19, 2005 at 06:44 PM

There's also the disturbing "It wasn't a sacrifice, just a con." angle, which will have Christians everywhere doubting their religion.

Ivory | December 19, 2005 at 07:27 PM

My biggest worry is how do they expect their kids to trust and respect them if they cant even talk abtou stuff liek that ina film OR tell them the truth. When they grown up and find out he
DID DIE
they'll hink their parents were REALLY thick, and be forever shamed.

FullAuto | December 19, 2005 at 07:53 PM

Don't kids all think that anyway?

Mighty Jack | April 1, 2006 at 10:07 PM

Slight Spoiler. . .

Have to say, on a personal note i love it when Aslan ressurects all the frozen Creatures of Narnia, and they turn up at the battle field just in time to turn the tide.

"And who is at the front of this intrepid band?" i hear you ask, why no other than Mr Tumnus ("Mr. Tumnus Mr. Tumnus", god i want to slap that little girl black and blue every time she says that!)

Mr F'ing Tumnus. . . Whats he gonna do, read his depressing Sixth-Former-who's-listened-to-his-dad's-morrisey-collection-and-still-has-no-hope-of-getting -laid poetry to the enemy untill they turn their weapons on themselves???????

As for you luftwaffe vs. narnia comment, thats a distressing parallell i didnt draw when i watched the film first time, slight fuck up i feel, however shows the fickleness of the average cinema goer. . ."yay, bomb the bastards into the stone age. . .wait, Narnia has only just left the stone age. . .durgghhhh"

TopSource: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=109