Forums
Shop
Contact
Stargate SG-1
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Life bullet The Little Things
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
The Little Things

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 21, 2006 at 05:04 PM

spacer

people tend to rush about never taking notice of the things around themselves. the actual colour of the sky. the habit of a busy bumble bee. its so sad.

so heres my plan - take note of the little things. then let us know abotu them.

....today i was walkign down the same old piece of road to go home and i looked up and actully took time to look down the road and out over the hills at the end of it. all the fields were rich greens, dark browns, and bright yellows. like patchwork. the sun split the sky and a streak of brilliant blue shone through an other wise grey day.

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 21, 2006 at 08:13 PM

spacer

There is an Iron Age hillfort overlooking my home village. Over the weekend, I went up there early in the morning (6am a few days before midsummer), and the sun was just in the right place to highlight what appeared to be earthen terraces cut into a nearby hillside.

I suspect that the inhavitants of the fort practiced terrace farming on the nearby south facing slope - it is too high up and windswept to grow corn, but barley and oats (the cereal crops of choice in Iron Age Britain; corn was imported by the Romans) are rather hardier.

Although the hillfort has been excacated by archeologists, they didn't have the resources to examine the surrounding area to work out where the locals would have tended their crops, although it would have been nearby for protection and south-facing for the sunlight.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 26, 2006 at 07:02 PM

spacer

cool troll! id never noticed that.

there is a white pretty smelling bush in my nighbours garden just across the road...and last night it rained and rained and rained! - this morning the bush is gree, and all the white petles are piled neatly under/around the bush. it almost looks like the bush has sneezed them off lol poor thing.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 8, 2006 at 05:35 PM

spacer

One thing I really like is when you get a few dry, hot days and then it starts to rain. There's a wonderful earthy smell in the air because of all the dust kicked up by the raindrops.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: September 4, 2006 at 06:14 PM

spacer

i like going back to work after a long holiday! so much to gossip about!

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

95 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles