Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
South Park
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Outpost Modules bullet Responses to Articles bullet Games bullet Sound Of Silence
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 1 of 3 ): 1 · 2 · 3
Sound Of Silence

Article Bot ( 64 ) · Group: Site Bots · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 17, 2006 at 08:32 PM

spacer

If a man farts in a silent storm, and there's no one around to hear it...does it still smell? FullAuto finds out.

Discuss the full article - Sound of Silence by FullAuto below...

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 20, 2006 at 10:55 PM

spacer

Nice review that sums up my own impressions of the game. Such a shame that so few people has discovered this gem...

As for the writing style, most of it is good as usual. I don't think the penis remarks does anything for the review, but the rest is quality.

Oh, and there's some tags visible in the heading.

Greetings from Olav (Staff at StrategyCore.co.uk)

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 20, 2006 at 11:37 PM

spacer

Cheers, Slaughter, sorted it.

I hope they make a lot more games like this. That's all I can say.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 21, 2006 at 10:13 AM

spacer

This game is so cheap on ebay I thought it would be crap.

I may have another look for it.

What is Silent Storm Sentinels? Is that an add on?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 21, 2006 at 03:40 PM

spacer

Buy Silent Storm Gold. It contains both Silent Storm (S2) and the expansion Silent Storm: Sentinels (S3). And do it quick! They are excellent!

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 21, 2006 at 06:35 PM

spacer

Aye, Sentinels is an add-onn for Silent Storm. Hammer & Sickle is also excellent.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 21, 2006 at 07:39 PM

spacer

Just bought a new copy of the Gold version for a tenner including postage, which seems cheap enough.

Can't wait it looks really good.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 21, 2006 at 09:24 PM

spacer

Trust us all on this one - it's one of the best games you'll ever play. Even if you don't like the gameplay or plotline, you can have hours of fun laughing at some of the phrases, accents and the game's physics (blowing people up into trees never tires).

Slight spolier coming:

Personally I'm a sucker for sci-fi plotlines so I liked the fricking laser beams. There's even a cool piece of info you can pick up at the end of the game explaining that the laser was constructed from 2000 year old plans which smacks of aliens though every chat session with Nival I mention this in they strangely skirt around the topic.

It could be a sort of pre-cursor to the formation of X-COM

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 21, 2006 at 09:43 PM

spacer

I would rather have an authentic WWII scenario, but my argument with the PKs is not that they're futuristic but that they unbalance the game so fundamentally.

Got a review of Hammer and Sickle coming up, which is based around the same game engine. I have yet to pick up Sentinels, but as soon as I do I'll review that as well.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 21, 2006 at 10:35 PM

spacer

You are writing a core version of this too, right?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 21, 2006 at 11:31 PM

spacer

Isn't the SC version just the same but with the swearing taken out?

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 22, 2006 at 07:04 AM

spacer

Pretty much - just sanitised slightly for that wider audience.

Y'know, as I get older it's something that annoys me slightly that the Core originated from squeaky clean origins so to speak, but when the majority of gamers are young and impressionable you've got to cater for everyone.

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 22, 2006 at 07:31 AM

spacer

I don't think I can properly justify writing two reviews of the same game. I'll add some scores for the SC version, because we're using scores for SC, right?

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 22, 2006 at 08:07 AM

spacer

I'm fine with the same for SC. As for scores, I don't know. Decide for yourself I say, but there's no doubt a lot of people like scores.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 22, 2006 at 08:09 AM

spacer

I don't like them much myself, but I believe the consensus over on SC was that we include them, so we don't alienate anyone.

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 1 of 3 ): 1 · 2 · 3

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

29 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles