Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Life bullet Booked Your Holiday Yet?
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Booked Your Holiday Yet?

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 12, 2006 at 12:46 PM

spacer

Overcome with holiday brochures? Don't know where to go? Quick solution, it saves loads of money - Stay at home, this may seem a little cynical but you'll spend well over £1k, get a sun tan (maybe) get drunk (maybe), meet some new people (") visit new sites in/out of Britain. Then you come home and wonder about where all the money went and mope for days/weeks/months because you want to go back - CUT OUT THE MIDDLE MAN - DON'T GO! (Topic written in a desperate attempt to persuade myself I don't need to go on hols - ITS NOT WORKING !!!

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 12, 2006 at 01:23 PM

spacer

I am, it has to be said, quite a sad case and am more than happy to go and look at old stuff in-country. My last holiday I just went to a museum and looked at old town walls, cathedrals, and such. Even when I went to Paris in the days of my youth, I spent four days of the week in the Louvre.

Norway (I think it was Norway, I was terribly drunk at the time) was good. Germany was ok. France was very nice. That's the extent of my travels outside the UK, I think.

•  

Black Bile the Pirate ( 7 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 12, 2006 at 04:02 PM

spacer

Thunderin' crab sticks! That's a sorry tale shipmate, y' should berth with me and we'll drop the canvas and fill 'em with trade wind and afore you know it we'll .............

Me leg fell off.

To Hang me, they's gotta find me, an' only this salty sea dog aknows who I is.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 7, 2006 at 10:29 PM

spacer

Now the nights are getting lighter I have to say that holidays keep jumping around in my head. I'm a bit like FA though, I like to relax in an old Cathedral town, some food, pubs, ........... more pubs ................ come to think of it I may as well just go to the pub.

If I go to an old pub that should solve the problem.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 8, 2006 at 10:16 AM

spacer

silvertongedevil: Now the nights are getting lighter I have to say that holidays keep jumping around in my head. I'm a bit like FA though, I like to relax in an old Cathedral town, some food, pubs, ........... more pubs ................ come to think of it I may as well just go to the pub.

If I go to an old pub that should solve the problem.

You sure it's holidays? I find they don't jump much. Southwell is quite good for pubs but if you're being picky then it's a minster not a cathedral, do you know it's the only church with a depiction of the Green Man inside?

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 12, 2006 at 03:54 PM

spacer

Yippeeee !!! I've booked mine (first for five years!) I'm going on a narrowboat. Can't wait, relaxation, pubs, good food, pubs amd I might just have to sample some real ale in a .. now what do you call them ... ohh yes PUB

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 12, 2006 at 06:08 PM

spacer

Boat? what happened to that pirate?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 28, 2006 at 08:52 AM

spacer

Well ive never been on an "out" holiday on my own, always with schol or LARGE family party (that was disney world) I have to admit id much rather holiday "in" and see friends that live at teh other end of the country, or see some of the beautiful countryside teh south of this countrys famous for

(are you sure we arent all alot lot older than we reaslise! lol)

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

16 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles