Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Stargate SG-1
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Outpost Modules bullet News bullet Sony Drop Bollock.
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Sony Drop Bollock.

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 02:24 PM

spacer

http://news.bbc...ess/4807858.stm

Now that the delayed release has been confirmed, what will happen? Will Sony lose another chunk of the console market? Last generation (approx 150 million consoles sold) Sony knocked out 100 million PS2s, MS sold 25 million Xboxes and Nintendo flogged 20-odd million GameCubes.

But that's (at least partially) because Sony beat them to the punch. This time, MS have the upper hand.

Taking all bets...

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 06:52 PM

spacer

With Microsoft set to release Halo 3 around the time of the PS3 release (and I bet good money they'll wait if the PS3 drags out any longer than already planned) I think they'll be a little up shit creek.

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 07:07 PM

spacer

If the PS3 is delayed until November now, I think they'll wait til Christmas.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 24, 2006 at 05:02 AM

spacer

Another thing just struck me. In the ongoing competition between Blu-Ray and HD DVD, HD DVD has sold more players, but the PS3 will be Blu-Ray...so might this have a teensy effect on what format films are released on in the future? Microsoft are releasing an add-on HD DVD drive to the Xbox 360, but that's not the same sort of commitment as Sony's.

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

55 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles