Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
South Park
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Outpost Modules bullet News bullet Star Wars On The Small Screen
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Star Wars On The Small Screen

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 08:49 AM

spacer

Not meaning to sound a little skeptical about such a thing, but having recently heard the news that there is definitely to be a Star Wars TV series (c'mon, we all secretly knew it was coming) I can't say I'm overly excited by th fact that Mr Lucas will be penning the stories.

Don't get me wrong, it's his gig and all that, but there are much more interesting stories that can be done after Episode 6 after all and still make use of some of the original actors.

I feel that setting it between episodes 3 and 4 is pointless because... well... we all know what happens next. Besides, George crammed in all the loose ends into the last three minutes of Episode 3 if you all remember - some very bad cutting and quick shooting going on...

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 09:01 AM

spacer

Oh dear. I thought he was quitting writing and directing after he'd finished murdering the films? Not that anyone has any faith left in him to betray, mind.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 09:14 AM

spacer

Well if you remember he was originally never going to write Episodes 1-3, then he caved in and wrote the first one and said that would be the only one he wrote and then... you get the picture.

Fair do's, it's his thing, but I just can't help but wonder if it'll go the way fo the Holiday Special (full article to come about that grand site! )

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 09:18 AM

spacer

How much money can he put in the bank?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 10:07 AM

spacer

Thing is he could have just done some of the stories from the books set after episode 6. I mean, nt to me nasty or anything, but Mar Hamill and Carrie Fisher won't cost a lot nowadays, and Harrison Ford is certainly affordable to Mr Lucas and his ever increasing bank balance...

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 11:09 AM

spacer

I've just read about the fucking Holidy Special. I still can't quite bring myself to believe it. And Carrie Fisher was REALLY good looking back in 1978.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 11:11 AM

spacer

Mmm-Mmmmmmm!

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 12:33 PM

spacer

FullAuto: And Carrie Fisher was REALLY good looking back in 1978.

Hey FA, stick to the toaster - Carrie Fisher is a bloke. Chewbacker was better looking and had better hair.

You know the two robots had people inside them well Fisher was the same - Dave Rappaport controlled her which is why he committed suicide, he couldn't take the rejection.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 12:38 PM

spacer

I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree. In 1978, Carrie Fisher was nice. This has been empirically proven.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 12:41 PM

spacer

I must have bad eyes then, I thought her sister Luke was a minger too.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2006 at 06:51 PM

spacer

Genius

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

44 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles