Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
South Park
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Games bullet Nintendo Ds Download Stands
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 3 of 3 ): 1 · 2 · 3
Nintendo Ds Download Stands

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 24, 2006 at 05:29 PM

spacer

Yeah, I loved Zelda for the Nintendo Genesis (that was the 16bit one, right?). The 64 stuff didn't sit well with me however...

And thanks for the heads up on Trace Memory! I'll keep it in mind.

Greetings from Olav (Staff at StrategyCore.co.uk)

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 24, 2006 at 05:59 PM

spacer

Genesis was Sega, mate!

You're thinking of the SNES/Super Famicom. Zelda: A Link To The Past was brilliant, a truly landmark game. I agree, the 64 bit efforts weren't up to scratch, though there's been some good ones for the GBA (Minish Cap) and Wind Waker was pretty good, though it had an unusual graphical style.

Looking forward to the new one, as well.

•  

Azrael Strife ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 24, 2006 at 08:36 PM

spacer

I loved Zelda: A Link To The Past; 64's Zelda: The Ocarina of Time was great too, but probably not as good. Why didn't they made any truly good N64 games? That console seems like a waste of time for me to Nintendo, they released it but never really did anything, there are tons and tons of SNES games, while there are few N64, and the ones in SNES were usually better.

Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 24, 2006 at 09:27 PM

spacer

I think Nintendo's odd policies towards third party developers around that time didn't help any. They released two Zelda games for the N64 I think, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Both were good games, but not as good as you'd expect of the Zelda series.

Though that was a weird time in the consoles world, with the Dreamcast going down the toilet and Sonytaking their frist step into the arena anyway.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 25, 2006 at 01:32 AM

spacer

Yeah, the 64 was a big joke! In that regard I think it's a good thing that Sony and Microsoft entered the arena. No competition for Nintendo would probably have sent the consoles down the drain. If the Revolution does as well as I'm starting to believe it will, Nintendo should do well in the time to come.

Oh, and speaking of Genesis...

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 25, 2006 at 11:24 AM

spacer

Well, I'm not too confident about the Revolution, I have to say. I think a lot of folks will be put off because A) It's not new technology, so it doesn't have the whizz-bang latest supercooled technology-of-thefuture that the 360 and the PS3 has and B) The controller, while innovative, is a big departure from the norm.

Still, I think a lot of hardcore gamers will buy it anyway, and some casual gamers who don't want to spend a lot will also pick it up. I think it's probably the way forward for 'true' gaming as I see it.

Plus, it emulates old Ninty games, too. Smart.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 25, 2006 at 10:20 PM

spacer

I think the Revolutions strength is that is doesn't have the fantastic hardware. Playstation 3 and XBox 360 is all about graphics, while the Revolution will have to follow it's little brother DS in many ways; gameplay to sell over graphics. Then again, there are probably too many casual retards that think graphics roxors for that to ever happen...

Reason I think the Revolution might do well is the small trend I think I see in PC gaming. Several turn-based strategy games has done really well lately (most notably CivIV and GalCivII), and innovative games like Spore is generating massive interest. Everyone that has seen the Spore video think it's amazing, and if the Revolution can present similar amazing innovation it might just steal the people that are getting tired of the other consoles graphics battle. It's a long shot, but we can always hope...

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 25, 2006 at 10:30 PM

spacer

I really hope you're right. I think a lot of gamers will stick with Sony and MS, they're too entrenched in the brands and have too much of their own ego invested in them, but likewise I hope the hardcore and those just getting into gaming pick up the Revolution. The Gameube had several rather good looking games (Resident Evil 4 was a beautiful game) so I hope they keep refining the DVD tech and bring out some fine looking games that are innovative as well. Hopefully this will turn the tide of graphics worship.

I read a confusing statement from Nintendo the other day. They said you would be able to use GC controllers with the Revolution through some sort of add-on, but then went on to say a lot of games would work with the Revo's controller anyway. I wonder if the Revo will play DVDs and CDs, too. I hope not.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 4, 2006 at 04:09 PM

spacer

Nintendo is doing well

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 4, 2006 at 04:37 PM

spacer

This - http://uk.gizmo...t_in_hours.html - probably won't hurt them either.

Still, they're the only company out of the big three to consistently make money on their hardware (Xbox and PS2 were sold at a loss, didn't make money for years, and neither will the 360, the PS3 or the PSP).

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 4, 2006 at 08:54 PM

spacer

Indeed! Sony is having some serious trouble these days from what I hear. Go Nintendo!

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 4, 2006 at 09:03 PM

spacer

They've taken a hit recently, but they're quite big, and they make such a wide range of products that they've got plenty of reserves to sink into their console business. Same for MS, really.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 25, 2006 at 01:43 PM

spacer

Square-Enix has announced a few new titles.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 25, 2006 at 02:28 PM

spacer

Not shy about re-releasing old FF titles, are they? Still, some new ones in there should be good.

I'm quite looking forward to playing this:

http://www.euro...rticle_id=61484

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 3 of 3 ): 1 · 2 · 3

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

125 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles