Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Mystery Men
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Outpost Modules bullet Responses to Articles bullet The Web bullet The Interweb Thingy
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
The Interweb Thingy

Article Bot ( 64 ) · Group: Site Bots · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 12, 2006 at 07:47 PM

spacer

In a rare fit of usefulness, silvertongedevil manipulates his mouse to trawl the Internet in search of Virtual Valhalla and asks, “Is the Internet all it’s cracked up to be?”

Discuss the full article - The Interweb Thingy by silvertongedevil below...

•  

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 13, 2006 at 01:42 AM

spacer

Ah finally, someone posts a pic of a scantily clad wench on TLO, even better to find out it wasn't me who did it. About time we took this site to the next level folks, and became a proper p0rn merchant.

"No" you say! Bah humbugs!

Good article tho, have to agree with the sentiment about the web being shite. It was better in the earlier years when everybody had a half-assed site online on some free webspace and if you wanted some obscure info you could find some anoraks website which could sort you out.

Now search engines just give you the places you can buy anything vaguely related to the query you entered. I've found it surprisingly hard just to get sites to download official patches for games lately

The web is shite, and as someone who spends over 8 hours a day with the computer on I can say that definitely.

My name is cyke, and I have a problem....

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 13, 2006 at 07:59 AM

spacer

Who you callin' anorak, buttmonkey

(Sorry, just love that particular animal from Bruce Almighty!)

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 13, 2006 at 09:50 AM

spacer

It seems to me you can't find much on search engines these days, it's another example that money talks etc.

I have noticed that some of the better but more obscure sites are getting their heads together and linking to each other even if they have nothing in common. From what I've been told this is one of the best ways to get search engines to take notice - Pete will probably know more about this.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 17, 2006 at 12:56 PM

spacer

Ah finally, someone posts a pic of a scantily clad wench on TLO, even better to find out it wasn't me who did it. About time we took this site to the next level folks, and became a proper p0rn merchant.

What I want to know is, where did you get that pic of me from STD? (I wish!!!) I do agree with all your comments and I am really incensed about the Chinese sensoring their citizens access to the net, do they really believe that it will prevent the information working its' way onto the grapevine? Google - Yahoo you can be proud of yourselves!!! NOT

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 17, 2006 at 03:30 PM

spacer

Lady_Castlemaine: What I want to know is, [b]where did you get that pic of me from STD?

It's my mother,

I had a very strange upbringing in that convent!!!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 17, 2006 at 07:51 PM

spacer

silvertongedevil:

Lady_Castlemaine: What I want to know is, [b]where did you get that pic of me from STD?

It's my mother,

I had a very strange upbringing in that convent!!!

Still got the whimple??

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 17, 2006 at 07:58 PM

spacer

No I had it surgically removed though it left a small scar.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

37 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles