Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Star Trek Nemesis
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet Jack Straw - Jack Shit
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Jack Straw - Jack Shit

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 3, 2006 at 03:17 PM

spacer

Jack Straw has just announced that he is pleased with the British press deciding not to publish the cartoons that have caused the Dutch to shit themselves due to publication in some of their papers. It seems to me if this government bends over any further to placate the Muslims they'll break their fucking spines, what little they have anyway.

For years we have had to endure images of European and American flags being burned by Muslim groups. Is it only Muslims who can be offended?

I'm offended by the contrite attitude that the west takes to this situation - what with this bill and that bill to tape over the mouth of free speach we now find that even the newspapers are towing the line. I guess not because they believe that the images are offensive but more to do with the fact that they don't want a drug crazed fanatic with a bomb wedged up his arse delivering a pizza.

Yeah too right I'm fucking angry!!!!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 3, 2006 at 03:45 PM

spacer

Couldn't give much of a shit, to be honest. The cartoons, from what I understand, are well out of order anyway and just because Muslims aren't flavour of the month some Scando paper has a pop at their religion? Everyone outside of the Muslim faith thinks it's funny, but the shoe would be on the other foot if the cartoons mocked something they believed in.

There's much more important things going on in the world. Like paint drying.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 3, 2006 at 05:14 PM

spacer

Religion - all religion - is more trouble than it's worth. If someone wants to come to my house and have a debate about it then I'd be quite happy to do so... I'll just go and fetch my trusty stick-with-a-nail-in in preparation.

Just have faith in life, or karma or something. Much less complicated and less moving parts to go wrong (like extremists, ministers, bishops, ninja monks etc).

I just know someone's going to point out that karma is linked to a specific religion now... just take the basic principle and dump the background story and it'll all be fine

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 3, 2006 at 05:31 PM

spacer

Don't get me wrong - the only thing I believe in is money, beer and death and the third I hope never to subscribe to, I just hate all the wet politicians giving it growing room and the do-gooders doing their but for bob a job week.

It's probably just me, I sit quiet for a while and then just go off on one.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

15 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles