Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet Not Beign Listened To?
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Not Beign Listened To?

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 1, 2006 at 06:47 PM

spacer

i work in a school and a couple of new staff members have just joined our team in our classroom...which wouldnt be a problem except i spend ALL day telling them (important) things they then ignor!

Anyone with any ideas of how to get myself heard/listened too, please feel free to impart knowledge to me....short of standing on a table and waving my knickers round my head ive tried everythign I can think of!

help me.........PLEASE!

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 1, 2006 at 06:52 PM

spacer

I've always found physical violence gets people's attention with startling speed but that's obviously not possible here.

I would suggest handing down a hefty bollocking though. If you have a meeting, outline in great detail the problems and the reasons behind them and why they make life diffciult (not just for you, but your pupils and anyone else) and just be up front about things. And if that doesn't work, go over their heads and get the fucking lot of them sacked.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 1, 2006 at 07:33 PM

spacer

What are they then? Assistant teachers or something?

Anyway, I'm a fan of the same method as FA; Beat some fear into them

That being said, what he suggests is probably the best thing. Have a meeting with them, and tell them what is acceptable and not. This is your classroom, and they better follow your rules. Suggestions and the likes are welcome, but at the end of the day you call the shots. Don't mention management however, but go to them if nothing improves, and tell them the assistants are more of a burden than help.

Greetings from Olav (Staff at StrategyCore.co.uk)

•  

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 1, 2006 at 10:10 PM

spacer

Its never nice but they need a wake up call verbally from a meeting. Have what you need to say preplanned and make it all as professional as possible, but leave them in no way unclear as to the things they are doing wrong that are not acceptable. Tell them again how to do things right, and that their behaviour will be continually monitored and assesed on an ongoing basis. If in doubt, be hard but fair, dont ask them to do anything you wouldnt do yourself, and have a witness to sit in with you so they cant possibly complain afterwards. This is the real world and every bad worker takes the job of another worker who could do it better...

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 1, 2006 at 10:20 PM

spacer

This is the real world and every bad worker takes the job of another worker who could do it better...

Shit - don't tell my boss

Kidding

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 2, 2006 at 09:41 AM

spacer

Physical violence - I'm not sure. I wonder, have you considered you may be wrong and they are just being nice in not taking any notice?

If you are right on the other hand, and I'm sure you are - then I find slitting their stomachs open, pulling out their intestines and nailing them to a post, then set fire to their feet so they run around unwinding their internals works for me.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 2, 2006 at 10:23 AM

spacer

Sounds like a lot of work.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 2, 2006 at 12:22 PM

spacer

Ivory: i work in a school and a couple of new staff members have just joined our team in our classroom...which wouldnt be a problem except i spend ALL day telling them (important) things they then ignor!

Anyone with any ideas of how to get myself heard/listened too, please feel free to impart knowledge to me....short of standing on a table and waving my knickers round my head ive tried everythign I can think of!

help me.........PLEASE!

Or another option - they could be deaf and have no idea what you're saying (if not physically, then psycholigically!)

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 2, 2006 at 12:53 PM

spacer

FullAuto: Sounds like a lot of work.

Yeah but it's worth it. Great at dinner parties.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 15, 2006 at 06:05 PM

spacer

sorry guys- been ill aint had chance to get on line...back now!

thanks for all your ideas! the 'being honest' thing wasnt exactally being listened to......but there was some violence which backed up my point - i didnt tell the kid to do it! but scnce then me (and thos ein agreement) have definatly been listened to RESULT! hope we can keep it up....WITHOUT violence this time

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

42 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles