Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet DVDs bullet Land Of The Dead.
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Land Of The Dead.

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 13, 2006 at 07:39 PM

spacer

Anyone know if the DVD extras are any good?

Just watched the film, and it's good. Certainly consistent with Romero's earlier zombie films (bit of a mircale considering the gap). I can't help but think that this time around he's tried a little too hard, though. He's tried to take the concept forward, instead of leaving it right where we like it on the 'zombie apocalypse' line. And while I can admire this, it certainly doesn't make for a better film.

I think Romero's vision is fucking great, but it's a crying shame he's never been given the money to realise it. Even though his films are good, the cast, effects and everything else cry out for the lack of backing. The low budget approach worked wonderfully when his films were small-scale personal affairs, with small bands of survivors, but the problem with Land of the Dead is it tries to show an isolated city...and it just doesn't work.

They give Paul Anderson and Uwe Boll big budgets..and Romero gets fuck all. Bit of a shame, and the fans will be crying over what might have been.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 15, 2006 at 09:06 PM

spacer

I've got the directors cut. There's more tomato ketup splattered around the sets as they cut down the gore in the cinema version so the censors would let teenagers watch it without having to get their fake ID's out.

The DVD extras are fairly standard - there is the optional directors commentary and interviews on the making of the film with the cast and crew. One thing that surprised me was that the two chaps behind Shawn of the Dead had cameo appearances, and there was a sort of video diary of their role and getting to meet George Romero.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: January 15, 2006 at 10:24 PM

spacer

Ah, cheers AT, sounds worth a throw. I saw the DC, and I have to say, for Romero it actually wasn't that gory. The theatrical release must be a bit anemic.

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

61 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles