Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Star Trek Nemesis
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Outpost Modules bullet Responses to Articles bullet Films bullet Furniture Of Adventure
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 1 of 2 ): 1 · 2
Furniture Of Adventure

Article Bot ( 64 ) · Group: Site Bots · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 18, 2005 at 12:06 PM

spacer

FullAuto hooks C. S. Lewis up to a dynamo and records the electricity production while The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe plays.

Discuss the full article - Furniture of Adventure by FullAuto below...

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 18, 2005 at 01:38 PM

spacer

another crackign article FA! youjust keep them rolling. wasnt sure if the film was worth goign to see as i didnt want to encounter a complete flop...but youve given me the confidence that i will at least enjoy then film, even if it wont leave me spell bound. i shall have to let you know if i agree wiht your oppinion after ive seen it!

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 18, 2005 at 01:46 PM

spacer

Thank you. Hope you enjoy it more than I did.

•  

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 18, 2005 at 03:57 PM

spacer

The film was ok, but too many slow moments and the pacing was off several times. The whole death of Aslan just comes across like a waste of time because;
A) you dont know him well enough to care
B) he comes back 10 mins later
so there's no emotional impact.

May just be rose-tinted glasses, but i remember the UK tv series more fondly than this.

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 18, 2005 at 04:25 PM

spacer

*waves 'SPOILERS' flag*

•  

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 18, 2005 at 07:22 PM

spacer

d'oh!

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 18, 2005 at 08:20 PM

spacer

But yes, perfect point. Not to mention the film presented said sacrifice as a sort of con, as nothing was actually lost, so nothing was actually sacrificied, which sort of pisses on the whole Jesus allegory.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 19, 2005 at 07:42 AM

spacer

I vaguely remember the whole Aslan dying lasting a LOT longer in the series. Oh, I know they had the advantage of making you wait a week, but I'm sure it lasted longer in the book too.

Perhaps ten minutes is the most Disney feel that they can stand to make children cry for?

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 19, 2005 at 10:22 AM

spacer

I was totally flabbergasted by one stupid fool of a parent. Kid turns round and asks "Is Aslan dead, mam?" and she goes "No, he'll be back in a minute."

I just sat there thinking 'What's the point?' while restraining myself from standing up and saying "Madam, you are a damn fool. If you were a man, I would challenge you to fisticuffs"

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have children. Spoiling fucking films for children who don't know any better.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 19, 2005 at 06:11 PM

spacer

And when the kid's older it'll be "Son, your grandma's dead" followed by a "No mum, she'll be back in a minute".

The dangers of stupid off-the-cuff comments around little kids are many and varied.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 19, 2005 at 06:23 PM

spacer

I can just see the wee boy at the graveside now. "And this is when she comes back, right?

"For the last time, NO! She's fucking DEAD! When the vicar says 'resurrection' he doesn't mean NOW."

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 19, 2005 at 06:26 PM

spacer

Well this is where he's going to get all religious and say "Well it only took Jesus three days... what gives?!"

Scarred for life see?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 19, 2005 at 06:44 PM

spacer

There's also the disturbing "It wasn't a sacrifice, just a con." angle, which will have Christians everywhere doubting their religion.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 19, 2005 at 07:27 PM

spacer

My biggest worry is how do they expect their kids to trust and respect them if they cant even talk abtou stuff liek that ina film OR tell them the truth. When they grown up and find out he
DID DIE
they'll hink their parents were REALLY thick, and be forever shamed.

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 19, 2005 at 07:53 PM

spacer

Don't kids all think that anyway?

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 1 of 2 ): 1 · 2

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

36 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles