Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
South Park
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet The Web bullet Startrek.com Going Offline
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Startrek.com Going Offline

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 11:50 AM

spacer

Seen at http://saveente...81&Itemid=2

Paramount and Viacom just cant seemingly be arsed keeping it up anymore, presumably because it costs them money?!?!

How shocking is their shortsightedness and ineptitude!

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 22, 2005 at 12:26 AM

spacer

Paramount (and I know I'm generalising here) = a bunch of fuckwits.

I don;t think that's even a strong enough word for it. The world lives Star Trek. I can see why tehy're not doing so well nowadays with it - the last decent series they launched was Deep Space Nine which had ongoing story arcs from beginning to end (think Babylon 5 but with Trek if you havent seen DS9, and then tone down the stories slightly ).

Enterprise has been full of blody 3 and 4 parters recently. I tune in occasionally to watch an episode and I catch teh middle of something I'm unable to follow.

Voyager suffered from being too boring and was going to meet an erly demise much like Enterprise has now but they saved the day (in my eyes) by finally bringing in the Borg in a big way. There were probably other reasons it didn't get cancelled too early, but this was the biggest factor in my opinion.

Paramount - get a clue. Get the USS Titan with Captain Riker and Commander Troi on it and do another series with parts of a cast we know and love.

Failing that, create a series based around Peter David's Star Trek: New Frontier books. So, you may have to tone down the rampant sex in each storyline, but the plots and the action will have viewers on the edge of their seats.

Don't pass up what's been such a big fucking earner for at least the last 30 years you MUPPETS!

(Can you tell I'm slightly pissed by the news...?)

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 22, 2005 at 01:10 AM

spacer

How can the ST franchise not still be a big earner with all the royalties on books, novel, toys, lunchboxes, underwear etc etc

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 22, 2005 at 11:19 AM

spacer

And billions of nerds like me... WHY?!??!?!

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

31 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles