Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
South Park
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet Ah Stalin You Maniac
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 1 of 2 ): 1 · 2
Ah Stalin You Maniac

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 11:58 AM

spacer

From http://news.sco...m?id=2434192005

THE Soviet dictator Josef Stalin ordered the creation of Planet of the Apes-style warriors by crossing humans with apes, according to recently uncovered secret documents.

Moscow archives show that in the mid-1920s Russia's top animal breeding scientist, Ilya Ivanov, was ordered to turn his skills from horse and animal work to the quest for a super-warrior.

According to Moscow newspapers, Stalin told the scientist: "I want a new invincible human being, insensitive to pain, resistant and indifferent about the quality of food they eat."

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

Azrael Strife ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 12:22 PM

spacer

Bah, that sounds too much of fantasy.

Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity.

•  

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 12:24 PM

spacer

Yeah, but he gave it a go !

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 12:54 PM

spacer

That's unfair to call Stalin a maniac for trying to cure the ills of the world, to make pain go away and make MacDonalds food edible. On the other hand he's a maniac for killing more human beings than anyone else that ever lived and the Black Death put together.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

cyke ( 208 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 01:04 PM

spacer

A further quote;

Mr Ivanov's experiments, unsurprisingly from what we now know, were a total failure. He returned to the Soviet Union, only to see experiments in Georgia to use monkey sperm in human volunteers similarly fail.

What sort of woman would volunteer to have monkey sperm put in her? Methinks the word volunteer should be victim

•  

Azrael Strife ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 01:13 PM

spacer

No, I mean that's fantasy to think he tried to do that. I mean it IS possible, but I don't see a reason to believe it, especially from an online newspaper (I wouldn't have more reason to believe if I had heard it from the CNN, that lies constantly)

•  

Azrael Strife ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 01:14 PM

spacer

silvertongedevil: That's unfair to call Stalin a maniac for trying to cure the ills of the world, to make pain go away and make MacDonalds food edible. On the other hand he's a maniac for killing more human beings than anyone else that ever lived and the Black Death put together.

I think that Hitler has won that award, not Stalin (and Bush and other USA presidents might very possible even be competing)

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 02:15 PM

spacer

Well, Hitler was pretty much responsible for WWII, he kicked off the whole thing, but Stalin killed off something like 20 million Russians. Not personally, though. Wimp.

Perfectly believable story too, worse happened under the Nazis in Germany. Brings a whole new meaning to 'guerrilla forces' though.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 02:33 PM

spacer

Azrael Strife: I think that Hitler has won that award, not Stalin (and Bush and other USA presidents might very possible even be competing)

Not so, as it has been pointed out - Stalin executed over 8 million of his own people and estimates vary to how many other deaths he was reponsible for prior to the 3 million Germans and Poles he had killed. If you include everyone that died in the Second World War Hitler comes out as small beer compared to Stalin. He also wins the award of most evil person that ever lived every year although I think that Ronald MacDonald was never shortlisted.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 03:02 PM

spacer

I think Pol Pot and Mao are both in the running, though.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 03:30 PM

spacer

It does all need putting into perspective though - the plague would have been at the top of the list if there were even a small fraction of the population on the planet than Stalin had to pick from.

It's only really been the past century that we've had the whole planet-wide epopulation boom.

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 03:42 PM

spacer

Well, in terms of percentages, yup. In terms of sheer numbers, the 20th century is king.

•  

Azrael Strife ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 03:49 PM

spacer

I guess I was ignorant on how many had Stalin killed

Well, Hitler was pretty much responsible for WWII, he kicked off the whole thing, but Stalin killed off something like 20 million Russians. Not personally, though. Wimp.

Yeah, I believe any politician that declares war and does not fight it himself is a coward.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 03:53 PM

spacer

That's the thing, though. It wasn't war, just Stalin getting rid of undesirables, in some cases nothing more than people who had met Westerners, because they were capitalists. Pretty crazy stuff. Not to mention the periodic purges for 'traitors'.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 21, 2005 at 06:30 PM

spacer

And the fact that he killed more of his officers including generals than the Germans killed in the advance across Russia. The craziest of the crazy. I guess if I was religious, Satan would probably look like Stalin.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 1 of 2 ): 1 · 2

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

134 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles