Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Star Trek Nemesis
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Films bullet Doomsday!
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Doomsday!

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: February 13, 2008 at 09:23 PM

spacer

http://www.doomsdayiscoming.com

Trailer up for the next Neil (Dog Soldiers, The Descent) film. Can't wait, meself. Rhona Mitra may not be the world's best actress, but I think she should be able to pull this one off. Also starring Bob 'Gruff' Hoskins and 'Mental' Malcolm McDowell, Sean 'Pert' Wee and I think I saw Darren Morfitt in there (Spoon in DogS).

Fingers well and turly crossed.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 15, 2009 at 12:47 PM

spacer

Seen it yet? I was a bit confused by the trailer that just seemed to show people shouting a lot and not generaly getting along.

Seems trailers just show action-y bits and give no hinst as to the theme of the movie any more.

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2009 at 06:48 PM

spacer

Aye, it's Marshall's worst film so far, though it's still decent. The budget appears to have gone to his head, and he's overreached what the money could do, so the film looks a bit cheap and small-scale in places.

Rhona Mitra is both cold and a bit sexy and does a decent job in the lead, Hoskins isn't in it much, nor is Malky McDowell, O'Hara plays another unlikeable prick, and Pertwee dies (this isn't a spoiler as he dies in every film he's ever fucking been in, I'm sure). Some good action, but not as good as the films that quite obviously inspired it.

Worth a watch, but nowhere near as good as DogS or The Descent.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 16, 2009 at 07:13 PM

spacer

You had me trying to think of a filkm where PErtwee doesn't die.

I was like:

"Event Horiz... nah"
"Dog Sold... nope"
"Equilibr... scratch that one"

Bugger. He must be pissed when he gets a great script and then gets to that page

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

75 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles