Forums
Shop
Contact
Mystery Men
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet Friends Reunited
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Friends Reunited

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: September 26, 2006 at 02:37 AM

spacer

Does anybody think that site is a bad idea? It's like everyone you never wanted to see ever again,all under one internet roof. Meeting one's old school chums again has never had any less allure. Not even bumping into them at three in the morning, pissed out of your mind as you try to get money from a cash machine with a debit card that is constantly being rejected because you need to seek the solace of booze every weekend without fail in a desperate attempt to forget why you are stuck in that town.

That girl who you fell deeply, ruler-chewingly in love with when you were all of thirteen, constantly touching the stratosphere in a heady cocktail of hormones and chemistry-class ethanol.

That lad who thought he could relentlessly wind you up every day until he found out that yes, actually, you would stab him in the fucking leg with a fork at dinner time.

Your former best mate who is now A) Sickeningly successful or B) Pitifully poor; and as such makes you feel disappointed either way.

I am amazed that pretty much everyone turned out as I expected them to. So much for free will, eh? Environment will sabotage you every time. Perhaps it's just the town? Everyone one who has moved away has been pretty successful (I count success as having a good education, a good job and not having fathered/being pregnant with your third child at the tender age of twenty-four).

I am one of the exceptions, having moved away but having no education beyond my A-level and no job a'tall. Still, my family did always say I would be a shiftless layabout. Destiny, it seems, has no regard for geography.

How did your friends turn out?

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: September 27, 2006 at 07:40 PM

spacer

Most of the kids in my class had fathers who had good jobs in the Welsh Valleys, so they tended to be pretty snobbish. They also had some violent and extremely pointless rivalry with the kids in the school in the next town. The bastards think of Friends Reunited as a chance to boast about how incredibly successful they are since they moved from rural Wales and how their lives are incredibly wonderful.

It's all BS, because they're working 18 hours a day to fund their lifestyle and that's before the time spent commuting. And a fair number of them are taking cocaine as a stimulant. Half of them are going to have heart attacks by the time they're 35. The insane thing is that the ones who have amassed a big pile of money by their 40th birthday, will decide to buy a weekend house in some rural village, just like the one they started out in. Only as outsiders, their weekend homes will probably be forebomed by the Welsh Nationalists.

Before you start feeling jealous because some of your school friends are more financially successful than you, try to remember that they are actually working twice as hard as you and are equally miserable. Studies have shown that people in Britain are more depressed today than we were in the 1920s and 1930s, even though most of us experience a far higher standard of living.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: December 18, 2006 at 08:46 PM

spacer

my friend turned out pretty much the way i thought. the ones i still see around the place. the others have all fucked off to i dont knwo where! ...and dont really care either.

one of the bitches from my class tried to date my brother for a bit...me and my sister put a stop o that by refusing to let her into the house, and on the ocassion she sneaked under the radar refused to tlak to her at all! (revenge is pitiful, but sweet)

on the whole ... what they are up to doesnt worry me as much as im probably doign exactally what they thought i would be. thats is the scary part!

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

57 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles