Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Mystery Men
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet What The Fuck?
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 1 of 2 ): 1 · 2
What The Fuck?

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 28, 2006 at 12:57 PM

spacer

I went out today, solely to buy a Dime bar.

But:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h109/FullAuto_2006/DSCF0116.jpg

What happened? Is this like when they tried to change Opal Fruits to Starburst? I'm getting sick of this. First they shrink Rich Tea Biscuits and Yorkies, now they're attempting to change the names of things all the time.

Sickening.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 28, 2006 at 06:56 PM

spacer

I'm rather worried about that object of personal pleasure just behind it.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 28, 2006 at 07:10 PM

spacer

It's called a mouse. You use it in conjunction with a keyboard. To operate a PC.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 28, 2006 at 08:28 PM

spacer

Finally you bloody Brits got it right! Who knows, maybe you'll drive on the right side of the road some day...

Greetings from Olav (Staff at StrategyCore.co.uk)

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 29, 2006 at 07:42 AM

spacer

Hey, everyone only drives on the right to be different than us.

And I liked my bloody Dime bars just fine. Thank you, Sweden, for destroying part of my childhood.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 29, 2006 at 08:30 AM

spacer

I've been driving on the right hand side for years - everyone loves it, well they honk their horns so they must love it.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 29, 2006 at 10:17 AM

spacer

Good for you silvertongedevil! Make sure you drive a large vehicle with a heavy bullbar and you'll be fine.

@FA: Only thing the Swedes know how to do properly is to produce fine blondes . You should hear their AWFUL music!

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 29, 2006 at 11:06 AM

spacer

Oh no I shouldn't...

I get really annoyed when they change the names of things. It's like the UK is the only territory that requires products be named differently.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 29, 2006 at 04:03 PM

spacer

Yeah, that is a nuisance! I remember reading a fantasy book once in Norwegian where they had changed the surname Fireforge to Jernhammer which means Ironhammer. That is just too fucking stupid. I haven't read a single translated book since then. Some of the translations was unbelievably stupid!

A little on the side, but the point is (as you say) that names shouldn't be changed.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 29, 2006 at 04:20 PM

spacer

It's quite easy to tell when something has been translated shittily. I've got a fantasy novel somewhere translated from Italian, and it's rubbish. I think the story itself is quite good, but whoever did the actual translation obviously went home early every day of the job.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 30, 2006 at 08:13 AM

spacer

I think probably humour translates the worst - a good friend of mine is Dutch, she speaks excellent English and when she is back home she sits laughing at movies whilst everyone in her family reads the subtitles wondering what she finds so funny.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Slaughter ( 66 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 30, 2006 at 04:21 PM

spacer

Gary Larson's "The Far Side" is translated to Norwegian. Some of the stripes is called "The point that disappeared" and not translated however. At least someone got it...

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 30, 2006 at 04:40 PM

spacer

Bet those Swedes wouldn't get that Dime-Armadillo advert...

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: August 31, 2006 at 04:47 PM

spacer

i had a master plan to make armedilo bars when i was about 8years old. thought it'd be great, crunchy on the outside smooth on the inside!!! no one else brought it im afraid.
i love it when old people still call snickers 'marathons' and it will always be opal frutis to me! )

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: September 1, 2006 at 11:40 PM

spacer

Slaughter; now we've built the Channel Tunnel, isn't it about time the rest of you started driving on the left?

Ivory; you do know that there are still people who go around saying "what's that in old money?" Think how many people we're going to have to bayonet for stupidity when Britain adopts the Euro. And did you try shoving a few armadilloes into your microwave?

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 1 of 2 ): 1 · 2

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 2 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

170 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles