Forums
Shop
Contact
Stargate SG-1
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet World Cup
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 1 of 2 ): 1 · 2
World Cup

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 15, 2006 at 05:17 PM

spacer

feel free to comment either way on this momentus waste of time!

personally, i think they all get paid far to much money for poncing about half there life and kicking a ball abotu the other half! sounds like all the five year olds i know- and we arent paying 5million to them each game!!!

the england flags on your car will up your petrol consumption by the equivilant of £1 a week......ask yourself how many cars you have seen with TWO flags on!! then ask yourself why we are being encouraged to recylce and walk everywhere, yet cos its patriotic the worlds ecosystem can go to hell in a bin bag!

on the plus side! - i went shopping lasst saturday when england played there first game, it was LOVLEY and QUIET! no que nothing!

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 15, 2006 at 05:26 PM

spacer

Risking the wrath of anti-motorcyle Ivory, I'de like to say I wish there was a world cup game every day, the roads are nice and clear to ride the bike.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 15, 2006 at 08:39 PM

spacer

I sacrificed the chance to watch the live coverage of England v Paraguay game to do some shopping. Normally the village I live in is crowded with tourists on a sunny Saturday in the summer. This time, everybody was either at home or in the pub watching the game

And after England's weak performance against the footballing giant that is Trinidad (whose players ply their trade with top European clubs like Wrexham and Falkirk), I am more convinced than ever that ENgland should have called up some Reading players.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 15, 2006 at 08:40 PM

spacer

Oops, I double posted, which just goes to show how ticked off I am with England's performance

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 21, 2006 at 04:56 PM

spacer

no probs with any kind of vehicles, just with stupid ignorant drivers.

what is it with all those people who are ment to be doign a job....but fail to forfill that job cos they are busy watching the football? no so important in the orner shop, but in some jobs its just not on. get the day off, call in sick, or DO YOUR BLOODY JOB!

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 22, 2006 at 07:49 AM

spacer

I dunno, if it's that important then record it, walk home with your fingers in your ears and your eyes shut and watch the match later.

That's if you survive the perilous walk home

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 23, 2006 at 08:48 PM

spacer

we can hope not ... any one that sad would be better off in heaven

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 24, 2006 at 07:36 PM

spacer

They would probably be sent to hell, where they would spend all eternity debating the offside rule with each other

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 26, 2006 at 07:03 PM

spacer

serves them right!
today someone at work asked me if id watched the game sauturday. when i said i hadnt, she found she had nothing else to say to me and wandered off! lol she later came back to appologise saying 'you completly stumped me, everyone watches the football when england play!' lol bless her!

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 3, 2006 at 08:52 PM

spacer

Well, with England's world cup bid going the way it always does, it's time to start thinking about what to do with those flags.

The BBC has a few suggestions: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5140912.stm

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 3, 2006 at 10:39 PM

spacer

I have a better idea. Don't be such a fucking bandwagon-jumper that you feel you have to buy one in the first place.

Arseholes.

"Oh shit, we lost, better throw out that England flag."

Yeah, because after all, patriotism isn't trendy. Wankers.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 4, 2006 at 11:39 AM

spacer

It's like the flag's going to go out of fashion isn't it?

I think the trouble is that most folks don't know that it's still valid for the other 3 years and 11 months - not just a world cup symbol

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 4, 2006 at 04:33 PM

spacer

When all those English flags started appearing, so did the Welsh flags. It's as if most people in Wales thought that if they fly enough flags, they can pretend to themselves that Wales got through to the finals...

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 11, 2006 at 07:51 PM

spacer

yay world cups over for the next four years!!!!!!!! i can reclaim my friday nights followed by saturday lay ins!

it did cause some agro in school....we had to have a foot ball free room- he rippedthe chart and flag off the wall and threw them out. ooops! lol at least he didnt rip me inhalf and throw me out. i have to admit, id been wanting to do the very same thing to it science it went up! lol

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: July 12, 2006 at 07:14 PM

spacer

I'm not worried about the lack of football. The pre-season friendlies and preliminary round for the Champions League and UEFA cup have already started. Not long until the new Premiership season....

COME ON YOU ROYALS!!!!!

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 1 of 2 ): 1 · 2

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

152 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles