Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet Pet Hates
Print View · Subscribe Pages ( 6 of 7 ): 1 · · 5 · 6 · 7
Pet Hates

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 3, 2006 at 04:40 PM

spacer

i do too! why would you do that, all you do is piss peopel off not encourage them to buy it!....
hav9ing said that tho i ordered it on pre release so shoudl get it tommarrow mornign in the post lol

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 14, 2006 at 06:49 PM

spacer

Next on my list is the morons who think that race relations can be improved by prosecuting a shopkeeper who displays some golliwogs in his shop window. As well as the cretinous police officers who think this should gain priority over actual crimes.

Children don't see anything racist about golliwogs until adults start telling them what to think, and nobody decides to support the BNP because they played with one during their childhood or they were lucky enough to read the Noddy books before the censors steamed in.

The really stupid thing is that cases like this are contributing to the growth in support of the BNP.

And while I'm ranting, I have another revelation:

The sinking of the Belgrano in the Falklands War was justified. The commanding officer of the Belgrano survived, and he later said that it was regrouping for a planned attack on the British fleet the next day, and it was not returning to Argentina. The BBC downplayed this detail because it got in the way of their efforts to discredit Margaret Thatcher.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 17, 2006 at 11:08 AM

spacer

im glad you got that off your chest troll

(in case your wondering...ive been, and am now going off again on holiday so i shant b in for a while! - not that youv probably noticed, i just liek to think you may! lol cheers guys x )

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: May 18, 2006 at 08:30 PM

spacer

The fact that they made a film out of the Da Vinci Code, which I regard as the most badly written and badly thought out book in history. The author is even more overrated than Arthur C Clarke

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: May 18, 2006 at 09:20 PM

spacer

True. It was a truly fucking shite book.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: May 23, 2006 at 06:11 PM

spacer

glad i didnt waste any of my life on that then! im more a fansaty fiction type anyhow if im gonna bother to read i want escape, not confirmation the the world is shite!

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: May 24, 2006 at 06:38 PM

spacer

But what happens when the world the fantasy writer portrays is just as bad as this one?

I'm more partial to history books; some people like a good horror novel, but I find that very few authors can come up with something that is as horrific as real human history.

Besides, fantasy writers have conspired to portray trolls in a negative way. We are the shambling brutes who can't do any real harm because we are always outwitted by some stupid hero in a loincloth who in reality would die of hypothermia long before reaching the troll bridge (damm tourists). Elves on the other hand ALWAYS get a good writeup. Those bastards go round kidnapping babies and musicians, and their idea of a good laugh is to trick some lone traveller into walking off a cliff

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 6, 2006 at 06:01 PM

spacer

mmmmmmmmheros in loin cloths! ..... well ok maybe without the loin cloth! (good god i dnt mean that how it sounds! lol) if the writer writes a world without at least three or more of the below...
dragons/witches/fiaries/castles/adventures/ridding horses/camping in woodlands/secreat passages/damsels in distress/heroes/heroines/talepathy to animals/fying/.....well you get my drift! then i probably wouldnt read it! its ok if it involves killing, battles, good verses evil, as long as it has three or more of the above see? - and if it fails at that ...then i dotn read it

the only thing we learn from history, is that we do not learn from history - my history teacher told me this first class of GCSE years (tho i think some one much more famous and clever must of said it first!) suprising our class did so well at history after that "big up" for it really! but there you go.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 15, 2006 at 07:43 AM

spacer

England flags with 'England' on them. Overdoesd on fucking Budweiser and each other's testosterone, did you? Forget the what the flag of your own country looks like, and need a reminder?

Oh, and DVD cases. I have yet to see one that manages the job without eventually breaking, or breakign the DVD. Wank. Utter wank.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 15, 2006 at 09:56 AM

spacer

I came across this in a pub recently, it's from memory so it may be a little different.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT

The law has recently been changed on certain road traffic violations concerning the offences below.
No longer will these offences simply carry three points and a fine, drivers convicted of these offences will be required to display a fixed notice on their vehicle.
The offences include:
Speeding through built up areas,
Pulling out from junctions without warning,
Poor parking,
Using a mobile phone whilst driving,
None use of indicators at junctions and round-abouts,
Driving without due care and attention,
Driving in a manner likely to cause an accident.

It has become obvious to the department that these drivers are lacking in driver skills and need to be seen by other drivers as a hazard and therefore all drivers in this category will be required to carry the new fixed notice on their vehicles. The notice is a white flag with a red cross on it. Other drivers should take note when they see this banner as the driver of such a vehicle may be a danger to others.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 15, 2006 at 05:13 PM

spacer

i ahe people who are rude to you just becasue the team may score a goal in the next 2 hours. they cant talk to you (even if its important) they cant acknowledge your exsistance!! its madness. if they actually were to score it would be shown on reply 6 million times anyway!!!

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 15, 2006 at 08:45 PM

spacer

Don't forget how angry or depressed they're going to get when the all-conquering unbeatable invincibles that are England go out of the World Cup at the hands of Ecuador.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 16, 2006 at 11:49 AM

spacer

Going on IMDb, and reading a thread, which consists solely of two incredibly stupid people swapping inane comments and pur spelin about a film they are not mentally qualified to understand.

It's hideous. To think that these people are allowed to reproduce...

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 21, 2006 at 04:54 PM

spacer

people should definatly have to hold a certificate before they are allowed to have kids! some of the stuff that goes on is MENTAL!

i hate, poeple talking down to me simply becasue they are older than me. esp when i know more abotu something than them! GRRRRRR it pisses me off.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: June 21, 2006 at 06:06 PM

spacer

I love that. I've met old people that are as thick as shit (and no, it wasn't just the Alzheimers), but htey still think of age as some sort of qualification.

I always wonder what it is that turns perfectly normal people into their parents. It's incredibly disturbing. At what point do they become so delusional that they forget that their parents disapproved of their music, clothes, general habits and anything else in mind, and go on to disapprove of their children in exactly the same fashion?

Can't they be original?

•  

Previous Topic · Topic Index · Next Topic Pages ( 6 of 7 ): 1 · · 5 · 6 · 7

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 2 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

127 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles