Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Fantastic Four
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Films bullet 11/9 Revisited - Flight 93.
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
11/9 Revisited - Flight 93.

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 8, 2006 at 04:21 PM

spacer

Because America has been flagging in their hatred lately, it's about time they got spurred on.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0475276/

Not to be disrespectful, but it should be good for a laugh if nothing else.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 9, 2006 at 12:55 PM

spacer

The timing of this film is somewhat convenient.

Bush is using the WMD argument to justify his plans to liberate the Iranian oil fields, but he's running into difficulties because of all those inconvenient liberals who remember him using the same argument before he liberated the Iraqi oil fields for Halliburton. It is therefore necessary to produce some good old fashioned Nazi propoganda to justify the coming war.

The above link reveals that American military air traffic controllers at RAF Lakenheath were used in the film, which means that it was produced with the approval of Bush & Blair. Would Michael Moore get the same cooperation from a US military base?

What I find ironic is that Iran wouldn't be trying to build nuclear weapons if Bush hadn't invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, while allying with the military dictator of Pakistan in the interests of democracy.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 12, 2006 at 08:21 PM

spacer

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0469641/

I'll break the plot summary on IMDb down for us all.

In the aftermath of the World Trade Center disaster, hope is still alive (I wasn't aware it had died, or even come close to dying. In fact, I didn't even know Hope was ill). Refusing to bow down to terrorism, rescuers and family of the victims press forward. Their mission of rescue and recovery is driven by the faith that under each piece of rubble, a co-worker, a friend a family member may be found. This is the true story of John McLoughlin and William J. Jimeno, the last two survivors extracted from Ground Zero and the rescuers who never gave up. It's a story of the true heroes (what, exactly, did they do that made them heroes?) of that fateful time in the history of the United States (why was it a 'fateful time?) when buildings would fall and heroes would rise (what heroes have risen?), literally from the ashes (literally from the ashes of WHERE?) to inspire the entire human race (yes, inspiring the entire human race alright. A new invasion of the Middle East, not only to extend influence and get cheap oil, but also as a big 'fuck you' to Arabs in general, not to mention a big dose of paranoia, ethnic hatred and distrust, misplaced anger and retribution, petty scare- and warmongering et al).

I may very well vomit.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 13, 2006 at 08:25 AM

spacer

I'm sure the States think life is a movie, I can just see the next strap line.
"They thought no one would attempt it - They thought no one was so stupid - They were wrong. This is the true story of one man, George W Bushenski who stood alone against an overwhelming menace .... and launched a nuclear attack against them. Coming to a country near you."

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 13, 2006 at 09:13 AM

spacer

Already been done.

http://politica...esidentevil.htm

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 13, 2006 at 06:29 PM

spacer

I'm getting more than a little bit fedup with all this 9/11 heroism.

The passengers who allegedly tried to retake the aircraft only did so out of self preservation, which is not the same as heroism.

The people who worked to find survivors in the rubble of the WTC are no different to the people who do the same thing ater every single natural disaster in history.

As for the actual 9/11 attacks, how is this different to the blitz in World War II? Or the thousand bomber raids against Germany? People just got on with their lives as best they could.

I expect more propoganda films to come out in the coming months as Bush & Blair need to justify their Final Solution against Iran. The propoganda is an attempt to drown out the voices of those who when told by Bush & Blair that the Iranians are crying out for democratic freedom, point out that the current Iranian president gained power through a democratic election...

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 13, 2006 at 07:45 PM

spacer

We invade Afghanistan looking for Al Qaeda and Ozzie, turn the country into a warlord-ruled hellhole. The drug trade there is bigger than ever. Also, knocking the shit out of the Taliban helped Iran no end.

We invade Iraq, ostensibly for WMDs and terrorism, but really for oil and influence. Again, not exactly putting a damper on Iran, the two countries have despised each other since they fought for almost a decade (partially funded by the West, I might add).

Now we're going to invade and 'democratise' Iran, despite the fact that it has some limited democratic processes in place, which is a fuck of a lot more democracy than some of our Middle Eastern ally states. Iran has a lot of oil and gas, though.

Hmm.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 14, 2006 at 12:18 PM

spacer

Perhaps Iran has the wrong type of democracy? It can't be a proper democracy if candidates who hate America keep winning

On the other hand, 17 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, as is Bin Laden. His family has close business ties with the House of Sauud, one of the most despotic regimes in the world. However, the House of Sauud is happy to do business with Bush an his cronies, which means that Saudi Arabia is clearly an important ally in the struggle for Freedom.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 14, 2006 at 01:00 PM

spacer

Iran's hatred of the West, especially the UK and the US, is perfectly understandable. As for Saudi, the place is our ally, (as was Ozzie once upon a time) and it's a perfect spot for extremists to gather.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 24, 2006 at 09:03 PM

spacer

How's this for hilarious?

The lead actor in 9/11 movie, United 93, will miss the film's premiere in New York City, because the US is denying him a visa. Lewis Alsamari plays the main hijacker in the film, which depicts the final hours of the passengers on United Airlines flight 93, which crashed in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, on September 11, 2001. But although he was granted asylum in the UK in 1998, American authorities are less keen to welcome him across the Atlantic. He explains, "I was born in Iraq but have lived in Britain since 1995 and am about to apply for British citizenship."

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 25, 2006 at 07:04 AM

spacer

Now that's funny. Go America go!

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 26, 2006 at 08:27 PM

spacer

At the premiere of Flight 93:

Reporters attending the screening said that at the end of the movie, the audience sat in stunned silence, while the families of the 9/11 victims who attended sobbed and wailed in a balcony section of the theater set aside for them. FoxNews.com's Roger Friedman, who attended, said that he had never heard such anguish in a movie house.

Obviously Mr Friedman has never been to see a Uwe Boll film.

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

18 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles