Forums
Shop
Contact
Star Trek Nemesis
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Films bullet What A Turd
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
What A Turd

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 31, 2006 at 11:18 AM

spacer

I have just had the misfortune to have watched half of the Pink Panther, I say half because for the first time in my life I walked out of a movie.

I can't imagine who thought that the film was even slightly amusing - I was frankly embarrassed as the few people that had turned up to watch the film sat in stunned silence until the break when a communal sigh of relief was heard.

The screenplay stinks - Steve Martin stinks - the rest of the cast stink. Writing a review would be a complete waste of time as would going to see this film. Stay in and stick pins in your eyeballs, it would be mildly less painful.

Apart from a very early low budget film with Sandra Bullock in, this is the worst film in the history of cinematography.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 31, 2006 at 06:18 PM

spacer

You did remember to ask for your money back on the grounds that the film was crap?

I quite like Sandra Bullock, so any film that has her in it isn't a complete waste of space.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 1, 2006 at 08:46 PM

spacer

AsI got in for free I thought better of it.

I too like her but some of her early stuff is unwatchable.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 2, 2006 at 04:20 PM

spacer

I knew it was going to be crap from the trailer. Don't get me wrong, Steve Martin has been in some grat fils, but his recent tide of utter shite leaves me to wonder whether he can tell the difference between a good or bad script or that he just doesn't care any more.

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 2, 2006 at 05:22 PM

spacer

He co wrote this one so I guess someone stole his sense of humour and replaced it with a mobile phone tone.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 2, 2006 at 07:26 PM

spacer

You are no true skinflint - merely getting in the cinema for free never deters me from asking for my money back. For hours and hours if necessary

Historical films are the best because no cinema employee wants to spend six hours listening to a history buff pointing out every tiny historical flaw in the film...

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 3, 2006 at 08:47 AM

spacer

The only problem there I find is that it becomes difficult to enjoy historic films. I find I have to shut off to the problems and just watch the film.

I've just seen Fastest Indian which I've started a review on, and there are a few historical inaccuracies in it.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: April 4, 2006 at 11:24 PM

spacer

STD I can only agree, Pink Panther was absolute, unadulterated shitte!!! I thought Cassanova was bad enough, although at least with Cassanova the costumes and locations were good to look at! PP was total kack.
Now in contrast The World's Fastest Indian was great - Anthony Hopkins played a great role but I'll leave that to STD as he beat me to the review!!

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 2 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

39 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles