Gadgets
Life
spacer
Forums
Shop
Contact
Stargate SG-1
spacer
Home bullet Forums bullet Other Stuff bullet Off Topic bullet Another Good Idea From The Government
Print View · Subscribe Pages: none
Another Good Idea From The Government

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 29, 2006 at 02:43 PM

spacer

Some arse of an MP called Cray has come up with a great idea. All baths and sinks should have a thermostatic-mixer system in them by law so that we all don't get scalded when we have a bath. I've got a better idea - shoot the daft bastards that hurt themselves in this way, double tap the dickheads but don't tell me I have to pay BATH TAX.
Then look for this Cray person and drown her in a bath with luke warm water.

It's nice to know that our government are on the cutting edge of social issues. Not crime, poverty, starving pensioners or even health, what the people of this country want is to know their bath water is just right. - Christ, what next?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 29, 2006 at 02:56 PM

spacer

Is there a government anywherethat isn't stupid?

Mind you, the precedent has already been set, with seatbelts and the like, so who knows what will happen.

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 29, 2006 at 06:26 PM

spacer

I think it is a very good idea. I don't know how I have managed to survive this long without ever having scalded myself in a bath or shower that was too hot. Clearly I have been putting my life into my hands every time I have run a hot tap

Perhaps we should pass a new law requiring aspiring politicians to go through a series of tests to prove they have some common sense before they are allowed to run for office. Those who fail the tests are promptly executed.

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 29, 2006 at 06:55 PM

spacer

I think there's something deeply wrong with people who seek to have power over others. I think wanting to be in government should automatically disqualify them from the job.

•  

Pete ( 701 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 29, 2006 at 06:56 PM

spacer

Well that's the current lot done for then

Aren't the Asgard supposedly technologically superior?

•  

FullAuto ( 1,042 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 29, 2006 at 06:57 PM

spacer

Gutted.

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 30, 2006 at 07:59 AM

spacer

I rekon the next law they will pass is that we can't have heating in our homes because we may get hurt!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Lady_Castlemaine ( 170 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 30, 2006 at 11:20 AM

spacer

silvertongedevil: I rekon the next law they will pass is that we can't have heating in our homes because we may get hurt!

Recent statistics show that 9 out of 10 A&E admittances for burns were caused through the exhallation of hot air by politicians - perhaps a vote on the form of execution would be good, keeps it democratic brothers!!

"To play it safe is not to play at all."

•  

Accounting Troll ( 145 ) · Group: Members · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 30, 2006 at 12:31 PM

spacer

I vote we behead the lot of them (which in John Prescott's case, won't make any difference, but a poisoned pie will get rid of him) and invest supreme power in me.

I wouldn't be any more cruel and incompetant than the current lot and that's 650 or so salaries we've saved!

•  

silvertongedevil ( 333 ) · Group: Contributors · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 30, 2006 at 04:49 PM

spacer

Presott should be fed to the lions as the Romans did with Christians except that the lions only get an hour for lunch.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

•  

Ivory ( 241 ) · Group: Administrators · Rank: spacer · Posted On: March 30, 2006 at 07:09 PM

spacer

i have to say, a device that could be brought and added to a bath would be an advantage for many around the world...but making it complusory is just bollocks!

...anyway i lik eit when the water burns! i expect my hot bubbly baths would be banned as a damage to my health- i might get the steam or bubbles in my eyes! and maybe baths should only be three inches deep so that you cant accidently drwon yourself by not realising you cant breath under water...maybe we should ban baths althought, they are dangerous and manipulative things who conn us all daily in own own homes!

...sorry got carreid away there!

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

•  

bullet Active Viewers

There are 0 member(s) and 1 guest(s) browsing ( details )

none

Who's Online

147 Guests

View Details

Forum Statistics

7903 Members
451 Topics
2647 Posts

Most Online: 583
Just Joined: Victorbymn

Site Statistics

64 Articles