The Last Outpost Forums ( http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/ )Bird Flue

Source: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=278

silvertongedevil | February 15, 2006 at 06:20 PM

Can you catch Bird Flue through your computer?

Newest case is reported in Germany today, it's getting closer so it's time to stock up on extra strength Asprin.

Pete | February 15, 2006 at 06:26 PM

The bit that winds me up is that the government could get in enough drugs to save everyone if it became widespread, but they're only being so catious as to order a few hundred thousand doses of the medicine or something like that...

Howsabout we have a worldwide restriction on how much cash the pharmaceutical company's are allowed to make at our expense? They really piss me off...

Ivory | February 16, 2006 at 04:15 PM

anu one of those companies that goes 'oh we want to help peopel and make them well, thats our fisrt and main aim' are talking rubbish! there aim is to MAKE MONEY! and the more life threating the desiese the better!

ive had a cold and cough scince christmas- i really dont deserve flue! of any kind!

Lady_Castlemaine | February 16, 2006 at 04:23 PM

Ivory: anu one of those companies that goes 'oh we want to help peopel and make them well, thats our fisrt and main aim' are talking rubbish! there aim is to MAKE MONEY! and the more life threating the desiese the better!

ive had a cold and cough scince christmas- i really dont deserve flue! of any kind!

Oh Ivory
I hope you haven't been 'spitting feathers' too!! That reminds me of another pet hate...

silvertongedevil | February 17, 2006 at 09:29 AM

Symptoms are: Feeling peckish, getting flighty, feeling light on your feet and craping on peoples heads.

Lady_Castlemaine | February 17, 2006 at 12:42 PM

silvertongedevil: Symptoms are: Feeling peckish, getting flighty, feeling light on your feet and craping on peoples heads.

So did the anti-biotics work for you?

silvertongedevil | February 17, 2006 at 03:32 PM

I'm safe, you can't catch Avian Flue whilst suffering from aids!! It's the third time I've caught it.

Ivory | February 17, 2006 at 05:44 PM

bird flu - DURGH! men wont catch it anyway!

silvertongedevil | February 17, 2006 at 08:15 PM

That's true, not while we're all 'gobbed up' with man flu.

Coming closer - France now, even garlic doesn't kill it.

It's moving faster than Elton Johns solicitor.

Ivory | March 2, 2006 at 04:48 PM

ewwwww scary thought that! well....untill it gets here im not thinking abtou it i know thats blind and all that jazz but really....apart from moan and complain what else am i gonna do? ...me personally nohing. so there for i shall conserve my energy for fighting it off when it arrives.

silvertongedevil | March 2, 2006 at 05:08 PM

I've sent my hi-fi to the vets for jabs - just in case my tweeters catch it.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 06:16 PM

This will be a nightmare at Easter, no cream eggs, mini eggs (perhaps you can only catch a small amount of the virus with these???) at least we're safe with Easter Bunnies !!!

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 06:19 PM

Shit. Without mini eggs, the world just isn't worth living in.

Quick question: You know those chocolate birds that lay the chocolate eggs? Well...if you fuck them, do they melt?

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 06:23 PM

FullAuto: Shit. Without mini eggs, the world just isn't worth living in.

Quick question: You know those chocolate birds that lay the chocolate eggs? Well...if you fuck them, do they melt?

Where do you think chocolate spread came from????
I recently found out I am allergic to chocolate (in fact anything with caffeine in it) I've been in therapy ever since!!!

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 06:32 PM

Good point. Never thought of that before. Perhaps I should read the label instead of smearing it across women and licking it off...

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 06:38 PM

FullAuto: Good point. Never thought of that before. Perhaps I should read the label instead of smearing it across women and licking it off...

Always read the label first!!! If you think about it you could be giving pleasure to two women at the same time (even though one has been melted!!!) Is that a Toblerone (chocolate triangle???)

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 06:41 PM

"Darling, just how much do you like Nutella?"

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 06:45 PM

See above!!!

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 06:45 PM

Nuts yes, I told you I was having therapy !! choc certainly not!

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 07:19 PM

Well, Nutella always struck me as being more chocolatey than nutty, but nuts on their own are by no means a bad thing. Apparently.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 07:23 PM

FullAuto: Well, Nutella always struck me as being more chocolatey than nutty, but nuts on their own are by no means a bad thing. Apparently.

Nuts are better with those wrinkly things that swell when moisture is added and are sometimes covered in chocoloate ..... raisins !!!

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 07:24 PM

Every girl I've met prefers a mixed bag, both nuts and raisins. Very decadent.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 07:29 PM

Quite indulgent but I find - worth it!!! (especially when you get the big ones - brazils of course)

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 07:36 PM

I prefer to concentrate on taste and firmness when it comes to things like fruit (melons, say).

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 07:46 PM

FullAuto: I prefer to concentrate on taste and firmness when it comes to things like fruit (melons, say).

Ripe & firm yes,
but they do say that more than a mouth / handful's a waste - not sure myself. ,

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 08:00 PM

Depends entirely upon one's appetite, I suppose. Though you can always go back for more if the first helping wasn't enough.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 08:02 PM

Hmm, it's nice to have seconds - but shouldn't be greedy

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 08:04 PM

Oh, really?

Shit.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 08:12 PM

Do you enjoy the first helping as muchas the first though? The initial excitement and rush of enthusiasm gives way to a more relaxed and intense savouring of the dish.

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 08:17 PM

Well, the more I eat it the more familiar it becomes, but I certainly don't enjoy it any less. And variety is always possible.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 08:23 PM

FullAuto: Well, the more I eat it the more familiar it becomes, but I certainly don't enjoy it any less. And variety is always possible.

Variety IS the spice of life! ehem - So they say!

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 08:33 PM

So they say! And very enjoyable it is too, although there's quite simply nothing like a combination of variety and familiarity in one dish to really get me excited.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 08:36 PM

FullAuto: So they say! And very enjoyable it is too, although there's quite simply nothing like a combination of variety and familiarity in one dish to really get me excited.

Enough to make anyone's mouth water I should think!!

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 08:44 PM

I tihnk a lot of people rely on it, certainly. I know I do.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 5, 2006 at 09:12 PM

FullAuto: I tihnk a lot of people rely on it, certainly. I know I do.

I bet you're dribbling (sorry - salivating)just thinking about it!! Hmmm Banoffee Pie and cream - yummy!

FullAuto | March 5, 2006 at 09:42 PM

Slow leak? hehehe.

Having gone woeefully off topic, let normal service now resume.

silvertongedevil | March 6, 2006 at 09:36 AM

*Throws bucket of cold water*

I'm gonna have to stop putting scraps out for the hedgehogs - it seems to be attracting rutting foxes.

Ivory | March 6, 2006 at 05:39 PM

rutting foxes would be light relief! if anyone around here gettign bird flue my moneys on FA, its all the time he spends ....devouring them thats gonna be his down fall

silvertongedevil | March 6, 2006 at 05:43 PM

Steady Ivory - light relief can be amunition to the Euphemism Twins.

FullAuto | March 6, 2006 at 06:16 PM

Devour? Raw? A young Catholic schoolgirl? Me?

Aye, ok then.

Accounting Troll | March 6, 2006 at 06:58 PM

FA, I'm glad to know that if bird flu wipes out most of the human race, we can rely on you to do your bit to repopulate the planet.

Ivory | March 6, 2006 at 07:50 PM

i appologise for my use of language i didnt mean to give them fuel.....GOD knows they dotn need it!

Lady_Castlemaine | March 6, 2006 at 08:50 PM

Well, and I was going to keepout of the next session of inuendo, but if I'm going to be accused anyway I might just have to offer some input .... how about it FA - sparring partner ?

FullAuto | March 6, 2006 at 08:52 PM

Ding dong.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 6, 2006 at 09:04 PM

FullAuto: Ding dong.

Sorry, got to go to the door, I think the Avon lady's here. I need some bath oil and something for my chapped lips - it's been very cold just lately!

FullAuto | March 6, 2006 at 09:14 PM

Well, nuts are good for colds. Plenty of vitamins.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 6, 2006 at 09:20 PM

FullAuto: Well, nuts are good for colds. Plenty of vitamins.

Can be be painful when you bite into them, if they're a bit stale they can be a bit tough!!!

FullAuto | March 6, 2006 at 09:30 PM

It helps to suck on them for a fair while, soften them up, get all the goodness out.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 6, 2006 at 09:34 PM

Can make your throat sore, the juice is sometimes very bitter. Now with satsumas you're better off rolling them in your hands to warm them up, it makes them juicy!

FullAuto | March 6, 2006 at 09:36 PM

I've not tried that, actually, though I can see how it would work. Satsumas are definitely better than oranges. They may be smaller, but they taste better and they tend to be a lot firmer and last longer, too. I often find squeezing them repeatedly the best way of determining ripeness.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 6, 2006 at 09:38 PM

Don't squeeze too hard, you might bruise them and then they go off quickly.

FullAuto | March 6, 2006 at 09:40 PM

I know, no worries there, I haven't made that mistake since the days of my callow youth. I'm always at my most gentle when handling fruit. Bruised fruit is the last thing I want to be responsible for.

silvertongedevil | March 6, 2006 at 10:12 PM

Well done you two, all that talk of fruit and not a banana in sight.

FullAuto | March 6, 2006 at 10:27 PM

Hey, if it's yellow and curves that much, the only place it should be put is into a clap clinic.

silvertongedevil | March 7, 2006 at 11:48 AM

Or mixed with custard and baked for 40 mins.

Ivory | March 7, 2006 at 05:55 PM

mmmm with crumble on top too! tho apple is the better filling, more traditional too.

TopSource: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=278