The Last Outpost Forums ( http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/ )Valentines

Source: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=277

Ivory | February 15, 2006 at 06:08 PM

i coudlnt let it go past wihtout a mention. Please feel free to gloat/moan/ignor as you wish here.

Personally - i went to work. i had fish and chips for tea. i was happy lol

Lady_Castlemaine | February 15, 2006 at 07:28 PM

Well it was a strange one for me, early am blew the car up going to work. AA man towed it to a friends house, back to work bought another car from a chap there which is cheaper to run and is bigger than the old one. Went back home after work and had Fish & Chips for tea (as did a friend of mine too!!!) just goes to show, every cloud has a silver lining and the most popular meal for Valentines is fish & chips. Happy Valentines day (belatedly) !! PS. didn't get any cards or roses tho'
PS. PS. Glad your back with us Ivory, I hope you're feeling better

FullAuto | February 15, 2006 at 07:37 PM

Romance free this year. Just like last year, actually.

No, having sacked the mentalist I once called 'Hey, you.' I find myself joyously free around this time of year.

Lady_Castlemaine | February 15, 2006 at 07:42 PM

FullAuto: Romance free this year. Just like last year, actually.

No, having sacked the mentalist I once called 'Hey, you.' I find myself joyously free around this time of year.

That's a shame, no romance on Valentines but did you have fish & chips?
We could swap virtual valentines cards by e-mail next year, I won't sign mine then you wont know who it's from (you can pretend it was from someone intelligent, attractive & whitty).
X X

silvertongedevil | February 15, 2006 at 08:03 PM

Hey this is weird - I had fish and chips for tea - no kidding. Is it national fish and chip day or something?

FullAuto | February 15, 2006 at 09:18 PM

We could swap virtual valentines cards by e-mail next year, I won't sign mine then you wont know who it's from (you can pretend it was from someone intelligent, attractive & whitty).
X X

Why would I send a Valentines to myself? Talk about narcissism. *runs fingers through hair*

Ivory | February 16, 2006 at 04:11 PM

fish and chips does seem a popular one! i cant be dogin with going out with all the hords of people, they are either loved up or moanign abotu NOT being loved up- its awlful! lol rather stay in with a cuppa

Lady_Castlemaine | February 16, 2006 at 04:18 PM

FullAuto:

X X

Why would I send a Valentines to myself? Talk about narcissism. *runs fingers through hair*

Hmmm ... what can I say? Have you tried joining Egotistics anonymous? Trouble is that their members never stay anon for long !!!! (so you do have hair then!)

Pete | February 16, 2006 at 06:13 PM

I don't like fish or chips

FullAuto | February 16, 2006 at 06:52 PM

I do indeed have hair, it's just shorn very short at the moment.

Ivory | February 17, 2006 at 05:51 PM

what about the hair on your head fa?
Not very one likes fish and chips its true....but there are special homes for peopel like that

FullAuto | February 17, 2006 at 06:06 PM

The hair on my head is, if possible, even shorter. My boys feel quite different now that they are bare to the elements.

Pete | February 17, 2006 at 06:34 PM

*shudders*

silvertongedevil | February 17, 2006 at 08:10 PM

*shudders and grimaces*

Azrael Strife | February 17, 2006 at 08:54 PM

Lady_Castlemaine | February 19, 2006 at 07:46 PM

Wait til it starts growing back, see if you can refrain from scratching in public (that was P U BL I C !)!!

FullAuto | February 19, 2006 at 07:54 PM

I can't refrain from doing that usually...

Lady_Castlemaine | February 19, 2006 at 07:57 PM

FullAuto: I can't refrain from doing that usually...

NICE!!!

FullAuto | February 19, 2006 at 08:09 PM

Hey, an itch is there to be scratched. If others don't like to see me polishing my family jewels, they don't have to look.

silvertongedevil | February 19, 2006 at 08:23 PM

You keep polishing them FA - 'Most online 42' everyone is here to see FullAutos' highly polished nads.

What the hell happened here, did I miss something?

FullAuto | February 20, 2006 at 05:18 AM

Perhaps we got a mention somewhere? Some plug dropped by some kindly folk?

Ivory | February 20, 2006 at 12:46 PM

naaaa FA, word just got round about your revelations im glad you feel you can share with us

Accounting Troll | February 20, 2006 at 07:43 PM

I'm not so sure: a bloke sratching himself where it itches as opposed to where it is more polite is hardly a revelation

As for Valentines Day, I hate it. Why should I spend literally pounds on a bit of cheap card? As for the association of red roses with Valentines Day, whose bright idea was that? Where do they expect me to get roses from at this time of year? The few people who sell (imported) roses know they can get away with a spot of price gouging. And don't get me started on Valentines day themed chocolate.

My advice is to dump your partner on February 13th, and find a new one on the 15th. If everybody does this, we can end the scourge of Valentines Day!

FullAuto | February 27, 2006 at 12:18 AM

Depends what he's scratching.

I like Valentines just fine, although it's in danger of becoming Hallmarkly trivialised, anyone who has any true emotion for the person they are currently swapping bodily fluids with should use it as a convenient tool to express whatever they feel, especially if usually they are a little bit...impassive.

Ivory | March 2, 2006 at 04:43 PM

you dont need roses or a expensive card..cos any jock can do that!

(ps-its not the florists that hoik up prices, its the suppliers...those peopel growing the roses in hollard that have got everyone by the short and curlies!)

Accounting Troll | March 3, 2006 at 06:31 PM

I've got an idea that valentines day roses are importd from the tropics and the southern hemisphere. The need to provide artificial sunlight and warmth makes them expensive to grow in Holland over the winter.

I would suggest going over to what species are growing wild where you live in mid-February. Try kidding your partner into thinking there is an old romantic tradition associated with poison ivy or a Leylandii cutting.

Remember that picking wild plants and doing a bit of flower arranging is infinitely cheaper than dealing with Interflora.

silvertongedevil | March 6, 2006 at 09:48 AM

Accounting Troll:
I would suggest going over to what species are growing wild where you live in mid-February. Try kidding your partner into thinking there is an old romantic tradition associated with poison ivy or a Leylandii cutting.

No kidding - up until Victorian times young men would go out into the woods at the crack of dawn and find anything flowering to gather and if there were no early flowers such as Cowslips they would bring back boughs of Holly or similar greenery. These 'trinkets' would be laid on the door steps of certain maidens to show that someone was 'interested'.

I like this. It's romantic in a strange way as the girl would not have known who had left it. I guess some girls would have more greenery than others though.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 6, 2006 at 10:45 AM

silvertongedevil:

Accounting Troll:

No kidding - up until Victorian times young men would go out into the woods at the crack of dawn and find anything flowering to gather and if there were no early flowers such as Cowslips they would bring back boughs of Holly or similar greenery. These 'trinkets' would be laid on the door steps of certain maidens to show that someone was 'interested'.

I like this. It's romantic in a strange way as the girl would not have known who had left it. I guess some girls would have more greenery than others though.

This was also a ritual observed for May Day although things apparently got a little more heated in the woods (there were a lot of June betrothals and January births) during the middle ages.
I think this is far more romantic than the processed form of present giving (nip to Tesco and get a bunch of roses and box of chocs). Although I don't think I'd have to battle my way through a forest of green bows (just like I don't battle my way over the pile of post on Feb 14th) perhaps if an admirer didn't have to pay, I might get a stick or a withered leaf or something.
Yes STD, I think the old ways are the best - keep Britain romantic!! (whilst stopping Tesco taking over the world!!)

FullAuto | March 6, 2006 at 12:51 PM

I guess some girls would have more greenery than others though.

I try not to discuss a lady's foliage unless she brings it into the conversation first. Ladygardens are best admired and not commented on, I find. Although, if she's trimmed the shrubbery lately, one should be appreciative.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 6, 2006 at 12:54 PM

....and always beware of greenfly!!!

FullAuto | March 6, 2006 at 12:57 PM

I find a hefty spraying takes care of that problem.

Ivory | March 6, 2006 at 05:30 PM

Im not sure an itchy rash is the best thing to give your valentines on feb 15th....some how i cant see it leaving the "right" impression....unless you WANT them to hate you forever.

pps-dotn forget that picking sum/most wild flowers is frowned on and you can end up facing a bigger fine than goign to a florist. Tho if you have some healthy breads in your garden....

Accounting Troll | March 6, 2006 at 06:53 PM

Don't worry, I am very sensitive to my local environment, and I therefore pick most flowers from my NEIGHBOURs garden.

Bearing in mind what sort of grumpy person I am, I think that it is entirely appropriate for me to give a loved one a bouquet of poison ivy, stinging nettles, bindweed, wild foxgloves and thistles.

After all, if she is put off by a few stings and a spot of poison, she is hardly likely to be able to cope with a lifetime of being married to me.

And don't get me started on May Day traditions such as the Oxford University bridge jump and the symbolism of May Poles.

Ivory | March 6, 2006 at 07:52 PM

or mothers day for that matter! scince when was it abotu spending huge amounts of money on chocolates, and flowers, and pampering trips at local spas?....there the ones who HAD us, we didnt ask to be born you know! lol!

Accounting Troll | March 6, 2006 at 09:53 PM

A highly sensible and enlightened attitude towards Mother's Day. If we don't make a stand now, where will it end? Will we be expected to shell out on cards wishing people a happy holocaust day? Far better to be honest with the world and take pride in the fact that you are a miser than to boost the profits of Hallmark and Thorntons!

silvertongedevil | March 6, 2006 at 10:07 PM

Accounting Troll: A highly sensible and enlightened attitude towards Mother's Day. If we don't make a stand now, where will it end? Will we be expected to shell out on cards wishing people a happy holocaust day? Far better to be honest with the world and take pride in the fact that you are a miser than to boost the profits of Hallmark and Thorntons!

So I won't be getting a 'Happy Third Tuesday of the Month' card then?

FullAuto | March 6, 2006 at 10:30 PM

"So, Jill, what are you doing to celebrate Ethnic Cleansing Day?"

"Well, Barry, I'll be luring some Jews into my oven, and then afterwards, if I can scrape together any anthrax, infecting some Kurds."

Ivory | March 7, 2006 at 05:58 PM

im not being mean or tight, but surely going to visit your mam for a cuppa and a chat is better than sending £50 worth of guilt gifts and a card saying sorry i cant make it im....busy(?)

Accounting Troll | March 7, 2006 at 07:32 PM

That depends on how much it costs you to visit your mother. Train fares and petrol costs are ridiculous these days.

Ivory | March 8, 2006 at 06:37 PM

.....i know but still im lucky i live near mine...too near t be fare *not to self MOVE NOW!*

silvertongedevil | March 8, 2006 at 06:43 PM

Fifty quid? On my mother? I think an old copy of the Motorcycle News is about right.

I think you're right though Ivory, not only that you can borrow a few quid whilst you drink her tea. If she remembers who you are.

FullAuto | March 8, 2006 at 06:47 PM

At least you lot can get in the door. Mine stands on the doorstep screaming "I have no son!" while pulling at her hair.

Ivory | March 8, 2006 at 06:48 PM

you live at number 14 NOT 15...how many times do we have to tell you that!!! lol

FullAuto | March 8, 2006 at 07:06 PM

Oh. That'd be why, then.

Accounting Troll | March 8, 2006 at 07:29 PM

Don't be surprised if the family at number 14 don't recognise you either. I know several people who went home from university only to find out that their family had moved house without mentioning it to them

silvertongedevil | March 9, 2006 at 12:19 PM

Now that is funny.

Ivory | March 13, 2006 at 09:10 PM

i think you under estimated the sneakyness

FullAuto | March 13, 2006 at 09:16 PM

As soon as I left home to start studying, my family fucked off to Spain.

Bastards.

Ivory | March 14, 2006 at 07:09 PM

my friend came home one day to a forsale sign....they said theyd seen a really nice one bed bungalow........that was there wayof tellign ehr she had to move out! some peopel are just RUDE!

Accounting Troll | March 14, 2006 at 08:21 PM

That approach is a bit too subtle for me. I would have changed the locks

Lady_Castlemaine | March 14, 2006 at 08:28 PM

Accounting Troll: That approach is a bit too subtle for me. I would have changed the locks

Bit extravagant buying new locks don't you think?

Accounting Troll | March 14, 2006 at 08:35 PM

True, but think of the savings on the food bill when you get rid of an unwanted family member.

Lady_Castlemaine | March 14, 2006 at 08:38 PM

Accounting Troll: True, but think of the savings on the food bill when you get rid of an unwanted family member.

Cheaper to put padlock on fridge, freezer and bread bin (but could be more expensive if you only have 2 doors I suppose)

Accounting Troll | March 14, 2006 at 10:03 PM

But if you coincide changing the locks with a heavy frost, you get to inherit as well.

Ivory | March 15, 2006 at 06:47 PM

hehehe thats evil!
how abotu just moving whilst they are out one day, then you dont HAVE to by new locks

Accounting Troll | March 15, 2006 at 07:12 PM

But you have to pay fees to the estate agent and the removal company, write to all the utility providers to notify them of your change of address, AND your relative will get your new address off a neighbour.

Ivory | March 15, 2006 at 07:43 PM

but if you wanted to move anyway....... cheap option!

TopSource: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=277