The Last Outpost Forums ( http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/ )Dunkability

Source: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=209

Lady_Castlemaine | January 9, 2006 at 01:07 PM

Back to work now and I am considering some very important issues, the first one being:
Which is the best biscuit for dunking in your tea/coffee?

FullAuto | January 9, 2006 at 05:07 PM

Chocolate Hobnob. King of Biscuits. Breakfast of Champions. Snack of Dark Emperors.

silvertongedevil | January 9, 2006 at 05:46 PM

It certainly got my vote - no compertition.

Lady_Castlemaine | January 9, 2006 at 06:06 PM

Something very traditional about a soggy warm choc digestive though.Like a mini choc fondue!!!

Pete | January 9, 2006 at 06:11 PM

I opted for choc digestive. It doesn;t work too well with a glass of milk, but is interesting as the biscuit is soggy whilst the chocolate remains quite crisp.

Digestives on their own get my second vote, as they're perfect with tea (after pmuch practise so they bdon't fall apart - it's an art people!) and even with just a glass of milk.

Mmmmm... milk.

FullAuto | January 9, 2006 at 06:25 PM

Rich Teas are best for marathon tea drinking sessions. You can buy them in big packets, not too many calories and, ironically, they're not that rich, so you can eat loads and not feel sick.

Lady_Castlemaine | January 9, 2006 at 06:45 PM

Obviously an amateur dunker - who ever heard of anyone feeling sick after dunking? Keep practising though.

silvertongedevil | January 9, 2006 at 07:47 PM

I hope you lot are going to clean all these crumbs up when you've done, we'll end up with mice!

Mmmmm, there's a thing.........

Ki-tat Chung | January 10, 2006 at 08:22 AM

Personally, I'm split between Scotch Fingers and Tim Tams, although I wouldn't technically dunk the Tim Tam, but "Slam" it down. As for the Scotch Fingers, they're quite filling, so you can't really eat that many in one sitting.

FullAuto | January 10, 2006 at 08:40 AM

I have a mentally ill friend who stands by Jammy Dodgers as the perfect dunking biscuit. Despite repeated demonstrations of how they fall apart oh-so-easily, he refuses to recant and adopt the Digestive, or even the Chocolate Bourbon.

The mad fool.

silvertongedevil | January 10, 2006 at 10:29 AM

Not so mad with a little prep, a large spoon!

cyke | January 10, 2006 at 11:16 AM

Ginger snaps rule the biscuit dunking world

FullAuto | January 10, 2006 at 01:51 PM

A spoon? Bah. Talk about a prop of the bourgeousie! Why not go all the way and use a sieve!

silvertongedevil | January 10, 2006 at 02:59 PM

No no, a sieve would stop you having all that horrid mush in the bottom.

I notice that there are no hardened dunkers - they go for the eternally flimsy Morning Coffee. Those people are so hard!

Lady_Castlemaine | January 10, 2006 at 04:37 PM

I have had an enquiry from a friend about why jaffa cakes were not included - well Im no expert, but I'm not sure if this qualifies as a biscuit.

Pete | January 10, 2006 at 04:55 PM

Well all I can say is that the clue is in the title with Jaffa Cakes.

FullAuto | January 10, 2006 at 04:56 PM

Jaffa Cakes are the very borderline of the Biscuit-Cake territories, I think. Besides, they have little structural integrity when dunked.

Black Bile the Pirate | January 11, 2006 at 01:38 PM

I've a gone for ye first un, it's more like a ships biscuit!

Lady_Castlemaine | January 11, 2006 at 08:10 PM

Pete: Well all I can say is that the clue is in the title with Jaffa Cakes.

What about shortbread - biscuit or loaf? oh and ginger nuts ...... we won't go there !!!

Pete | January 11, 2006 at 08:47 PM

It must be something to do with FullAuto's recent Harry Potter article, but I just got this extremely nasty mental image of Ron Weasley in my head for some reason when you said that

Lady_Castlemaine | January 12, 2006 at 12:12 PM

Pete: It must be something to do with FullAuto's recent Harry Potter article, but I just got this extremely nasty mental image of Ron Weasley in my head for some reason when you said that

Could have been worse you could have been thinking of Chris Evans !!! Fate worse than death!

silvertongedevil | January 12, 2006 at 01:21 PM

Why did you have to bring this up. I have now got an image of that Evans bloke crouching on a coffee table with his testicles handing in a cup of 'milk with two sugars', several chocolate bourbons just visible. Yuuuuuck.

FullAuto | January 12, 2006 at 01:24 PM

Chocolate bourbons? Is that some sort of weird analogy for an arsehole?

Pete | January 12, 2006 at 06:02 PM

I was about to have my tea, but alas now I may soon be seeing my lunch again...

FullAuto | January 12, 2006 at 06:28 PM

Christ. Evans dipping his bollocks in your tea with his browneye winking at you. Somebody kill me, please.

Pete | January 12, 2006 at 06:38 PM

Just Evans on TV does it for most...

silvertongedevil | January 12, 2006 at 08:23 PM

He's on the sodding radio now and I'm sure you can hear him stiring his cocoa in the background ............... AAAHHHhhh--- stop it......

FullAuto | January 12, 2006 at 08:26 PM

Stirring his cocoa? Does that mean he's anally pleasuring himself with a broom handle?

silvertongedevil | January 12, 2006 at 08:49 PM

silvertongedevil | January 12, 2006 at 08:50 PM

Mphhuggghh

Lady_Castlemaine | January 13, 2006 at 05:23 PM

Hmm the tone of this topic seems to be quickly going down hill bordering on skitology! Dunking could become the next 'new' word in the english dictionary (Ooh Mildred, do you know I never knew it meant that!! - I hear all the old dears saying).

silvertongedevil | January 13, 2006 at 06:32 PM

And one old fella shouting "Go on Enid, show us yer' custard creams."

TopSource: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=209