The Last Outpost Forums ( http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/ )Friday Fumblings On The Web

Source: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=174

cyke | December 30, 2005 at 05:21 PM

Found the top 5 freeware games of 2005, I can't believe there is a Zak McKraken game in there, the original was amazing! Also the rest look and sound fantastic, they're all going on my must-do list for when I get caught in a time paradox loop and therefore manage to get some free time (my life is complicated right now, how's yours?).

The BBC lets us know 100 things we didn't know this time last year including gems like;

11. One in 10 Europeans is allegedly conceived in an Ikea bed.
23. In America it's possible to subpoena a dog.
45. C3PO and R2D2 do not speak to each other off-camera because the actors don't get on.

Pub conversation starters like that are gold-dust ! And who said the Dreamcast was dead anyway, this great machine (oh yes it was!) still has new games coming out for it!

silvertongedevil | December 30, 2005 at 05:27 PM

cyke:
The BBC lets us know 100 things we didn't know this time last year including gems like;

11. One in 10 Europeans is allegedly conceived in an Ikea bed.
23. In America it's possible to subpoena a dog.
45. C3PO and R2D2 do not speak to each other off-camera because the actors don't get on.

Pub conversation starters like that are gold-dust !

This is good, where is it from?

cyke | December 30, 2005 at 05:31 PM

the links in the words "100 things we didnt know". I think the fact its a link becomes hard to see if your monitor settings are off, tho it should be underlined as a link anyway, it is for me. Good old BBC using taxpayers license fees for important stuff like this!

silvertongedevil | December 30, 2005 at 05:33 PM

cyke: I think the fact its a link becomes hard to see if your monitor settings are off, tho it should be underlined as a link

Yes that's the case - got it now. Ta

Edit:
"20. The Queen has never been on a computer, she told Bill Gates as she awarded him an honorary knighthood."

So what did he get this for - being the biggest ripp-off merchant the planet has ever known?

Pete | December 30, 2005 at 07:36 PM

Fixed. All links in posts are now underlined. Don't know how I missed the inconsistency with the rest of the site

cyke | December 31, 2005 at 10:47 AM

Good stuff Pete, keep up the good work and you will soon ascend to join the ancients and we will be left fumbling about with technology we don't understand

Lady_Castlemaine | January 4, 2006 at 08:50 PM

cyke:

I like this one ....
15. Lionesses like their males to be deep brunettes.

Can't argue with that one!! I like my males deep and brunette too! (oh, I can't believe I said that and in public too, what would mummy say!!)

FullAuto | January 7, 2006 at 05:48 AM

I hate to go against the 'gentlemen prefer blondes' ethos (is it an ethos? Or just a film? I forget) but dark hair is much more preferable. As borne out by my last three or four girlfriends.

silvertongedevil | January 7, 2006 at 06:09 PM

I kind of like red heads, not ginger but the proper, undyed red, and it's said they are impervious to pain so you could ..... er I'll get my coat.

TopSource: http://www.thelastoutpost.co.uk/forums/index.php?gettopic=174